• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

IBM 5170

I have one I'd be interested in selling. It was basically a dumpster find, so it's a bit banged up and missing parts (minor stuff like a bracket and some screws), but it does work. I even replaced the lithium battery pack so there's no need to worry about that. I'd be willing to sell it along...
  2. S

WANTED: IBM AT (80286) compatible engineering software

This is kind of a weird longshot, but I'm wondering if anyone has any old engineering software that would run on an actual IBM AT. I already have some 2D and 3D CAD software, so I'm not really looking for more of that, but anything else in the category of engineering, computer science, or...
  3. S

Getting an 8" FDD working with an IBM 5170?

The goal here is to keep my AT as "true blue" as possible, so no BIOS swaps, or removal of the original controller card if at all possible. And ultimately to get the 8" drive working alongside the original MFM HDD, a 3.5" FDD and a 5.25" FDD. However, the original AT controller card only...
  4. S

16mb Everex external ram card

From what I can tell, and based on the information on it's label, this is an EV-18114 meant for an EV-18108 386DX 33mhz motherboard, likely made from somewhere around 1986 or 1987. This one is populated for 16mb as per the title, but it can be configured for more. You can find more specs about...
  5. S

5170 floppy drive suddenly stopped working?

A little backstory, I got an AT a working by fixing what turned out to be a simple jumper problem with the display card. I'm pretty sure that previously, this thing hadn't been in working order since the early 90s. Anyways, fired up a copy of zork, was pretty pleased with myself and went to...
  6. S

Strange expansion card on an IBM 5170

So I recently picked up an IBM 5170 kind of on a whim since it was pretty cheap, and decided to open it up and see what was actually inside it. I don't know much about its past life, but clearly someone didn't cheap out when they got it in '85. Its the 8mhz version with a full set of 640k...
  7. S

Questions about an IBM 6586

Apologies if this is a lot of questions for one topic, I'm new here and I've recently acquired a very particular IBM 6586. It was missing system RAM, video RAM, and a hard drive. No graphics card, network card, or sound card either. But what it did have a lot of, is ISA serial expansion cards...
Back