• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. B

How does the TRS-80's floppy controller distinguish ID fields from user data?

Hey All, I'm looking into adding support for floppy disk support for my FPGA TRS80 project and as such have been reading over the docs for the WD1771 disk controller and have a question. At the end of page 3 of the data sheet it says this: "When a Seek, Step or Restore command is executed an...
  2. B

Hello and a question about this forum

Hi All, I'm new here thought I'd say hello. Like most everyone else here my vintage computer interests go back to the machines I had when I was a teenager - a MicroAce (ZX80 clone), a System-80 (TRS-80 clone) and a Microbee. My current interest is in recreating some of these old machines in...
  3. B

Big80 - My attempt at implementing an FPGA TRS-80 Model 1

Hey All, I thought I'd share some info on a project I've been working on - it's yet another FPGA implementation of a TRS-80 that I started as a holiday hacking project over the Christmas break. Although the main goal of this project was to improve my FPGA development skills, it's turned our...
  4. B

Did the TRS-80 Model 1 ever insert wait states on memory cycles?

Hi All, First post here - I'm hoping someone can help out with a obscure TRS-80 question. I'm working on an FPGA implementation of TRS-80 Model 1 and I'm trying to get the timing as close as possible to the original and it just occurred to me that I've been assuming the TRS80 could always...
Back