• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hello and a question about this forum

bradr

Hi All,

I'm new here thought I'd say hello. Like most everyone else here my vintage computer interests go back to the machines I had when I was a teenager - a MicroAce (ZX80 clone), a System-80 (TRS-80 clone) and a Microbee.

My current interest is in recreating some of these old machines in FPGAs. I've done a functionally complete Microbee and currently working on a TRS-80 Model 1.

Quick question... as a new member, posts need to go through moderator approval however I've noticed that more often than not reply posts just disappear. eg: I've posted two replies to this topic and several days later they just never showed up.

Is there a way to find out if/why a post was rejected?

Brad

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Quick question... as a new member, posts need to go through moderator approval however I've noticed that more often than not reply posts just disappear. eg: I've posted two replies to this topic and several days later they just never showed up.

Once you hit 10 posts you will no longer be moderated. As for why it takes so long for your posts to show, that has to do with the fact that the moderators are few and far between and are volunteering their time to do this job. The forum interface also does not help, and it is very easy to miss moderated posts, but we do our best to catch them within a day or two.

Thanks guys. Yep those posts showed up shortly after posting here. No problem - it's just hard to not feel like a post has disappeared when first few get approved in less than 8 hours and the next still hasn't shown up after a couple of days.

Back