• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. hanshuebner

VAXstation 4000/60 NVR issues.

I've run into this issue with a 3100-80, too. I retrofitted a battery to the original NVRAM chip, and I also tried a NWX287, both with the same result: ??RT-Crutbti e ?3C NVR WRTERR Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! -Hans
  2. hanshuebner

looking for disk image or install media for any Motorola m88k mc88100 mc88110 processors

I have System V release 4 for the Motorola 900 series, if that helps. -Hans
  3. hanshuebner

Searching VAX P.S.I. V4.3A and VAX WAN-DEVICE-DRIVERS V1.2B patch kits

Hi, I'm trying to get VAX P.S.I. to run on a VAX 4000-105A with a DSW42-AA serial card running VMS 5.5-2H4. I found P.S.I. V4.3 and WAN-DEVICE-DRIVERS V1.2 on the 1993 CONDIST, but it does not work - The serial ports don't show up for selection in PSI_SET_UP and cannot be brought up using NCP...
  4. hanshuebner

Texas Instruments Portable Professional Computer - Multifunction Board Installation Manual

Hi, I have a Texas Instruments Portable Professional Computer on my bench for repair and upgrade. Together with the unit, I received a couple of Multifunction Boards (#2245876) with memory and clock (no serial or parallel daughter cards, sadly): Amazingly, two of the boards still have 3.4V...
  5. hanshuebner

Texas Instruments Portable Professional Computer - Multifunction Board Installation Manual

@T-R-A I'm really just trying to get the machine into working order as well as possible. It is lacking the graphics option, so many of the demos that are available online are not working on it anyway. What's the TI forum that you're mentioning?
  6. hanshuebner

I also have a Persyst Time Spectrum for TI - Likewise, if anyone has documentation that they can share, I'd be most grateful. Thanks, Hans
  7. hanshuebner

Hi, I have a Texas Instruments Portable Professional Computer on my bench for repair and upgrade. Together with the unit, I received a couple of Multifunction Boards (#2245876) with memory and clock (no serial or parallel daughter cards, sadly): Amazingly, two of the boards still have 3.4V...
  8. hanshuebner

Kaypro II terminal emulation issues

Answering my own question: The Kaypro II disk images that can be found at http://dunfield.classiccmp.org/img42841/system.htm are compatible with the Kaypro II from 1983.
  9. hanshuebner

The Wordstar disk that is on http://www.retroarchive.org/maslin/disks/kaypro/ apparently requires a newer Kaypro II model - The WSINSTALL program does not have a way to modify the terminal emulation but just says "Kaypro" as being selected. Is anyone aware of an archive of software that works...
  10. hanshuebner

Hello, I have a Kaypro II which is in good working condition, but it seems that the terminal emulation is somehow broken or it does not reflect what CP/M programs expect. I have downloaded disk images from http://www.retroarchive.org/maslin/disks/kaypro/ and am using the CP/M 2.2F System Disk...
  11. hanshuebner

PDP-12 #435 at the University of Minnesota Duluth

I was just helping save the machine, but it was fun!
  12. hanshuebner

3278-2 anti-glare coating removal

Yes, I am sure. The anti-glare coating is intact in the middle of the screen but disintegrated on the corners. It all happens on the surface on the CRT, not behind the implosion shield.
  13. hanshuebner

3278-2 anti-glare coating removal

Hello, I have a 3278-2 which works well, but lot of the anti-glare coating on the CRT is gone for some reason. I guess that this cannot be repaired, but what is the best way to remove the coating completely? Acetone does not do anything to it. Any experience reports would be much...
  14. hanshuebner

ROI DCJ11 ISA card

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems to me that as the card does not have bus master capabilities, all transfers to it need to be initiated from the host anyway. Even an initial bootstrap would have to rely on the host to get the rest of the system loaded into memory. Also, the address...
  15. hanshuebner

ROI DCJ11 ISA card

OK, if the memory is not mapped, how does the host get software into the card? Programmed I/O through the four registers would be an option, but as the MRD/MWR signals are connected to some of the GALs, it seems more likely to me that some form of mapping is going on.
  16. hanshuebner

ROI DCJ11 ISA card

I have found the I/O addresses now, but the PDP-11 memory does not seem to be mapped into any memory area between 640k and 1024k by default. The ODT debugger starts when the ISA bus is reset, so at least I know that the J11 is running. Even if I can figure out how to control the memory...
  17. hanshuebner

ROI DCJ11 ISA card

Alright alright, I'll try my best to get this board to work, and if I can't, I'll pass it on to the next person who wants to give it a try :) - I quite like the challenge, but figuring out how to release /INIT might be tough.
  18. hanshuebner

ROI DCJ11 ISA card

I'm a bit farther with analyzing the board, but what I've found does not make me optimistic that I can get it to run. The card is designed as a coprocessor running in a PC running as the host. The host controls the J11 and presumably provides disk and other I/O services. When powering up the...
  19. hanshuebner

ROI DCJ11 ISA card

@Bitly Thanks for the pointer, I've written a note to the guy to see whether he had any success with the card. I've given it a closer look now and it seems to be a relatively straightforward ISA card with two I/O registers and a memory mapped segment into the PDP-11 RAM. If I manage to get it...
  20. hanshuebner

ROI DCJ11 ISA card

The Osprey/PC card has additional I/O connectors on the top an Altera FPGA for the glue logic, so it is different and probably much newer.
Back