• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. N

Slave drive on Libretto 50CT

I managed to get this working using WD EZ-Drive v9.09w :-)
  2. N

Slave drive on Libretto 50CT

I have a Toshiba Libretto 50CT, and I installed a dual-CF card adapter as its HDD. One is "master" and the other "slave". The master CF card works totally fine, but I cannot access the slave drive in either DOS or Windows 9x. In MS-DOS, I ran IDEINFO and it was able to detect both drives. So...
  3. N

How do I power up this Faraday A-Tease 286 motherboard?

Thanks, I'd really appreciate that! No rush, whenever you can is cool.
  4. N

You have the manual/schematic? Would it be possible to scan that or something? The PSU connector is 12-pins, just like an AT PSU, so I guessed each of the 12 pins would map. Yep, you can use RS232 or RS422, I assume a jumper changes this.
  5. N

Thanks! That should be helpful! I saw in one of the PDFs that the -5v rail goes right to the ISA slot. So that should be another easy one to trace.
  6. N

I recently acquired a Faraday A-Tease 286 motherboard. It seems to have onboard RAM and uses an Intel C80286-6. I am having trouble finding a manual or any info on this board. Specifically, what PSU (or adapter) do I need to power this board up? I have an AT/XT PSU with P8/P9 connectors, but...
  7. N

Keyboard Failure on 386 SBC, help identifying jumper settings

YES! I was able to do that! Thank you so much, with your help I was able to get the keyboard working. This board is in fact a Texas Microsystems one (I guess the "TMI" should've been a hint). Anyway, this means that the 8-pin connector was exactly the same as the one you suggested to me. I...
  8. N

You mean this white thing? I was curious about what this was, I didn't have any idea. Are you saying I need to connect one of the KB connectors on the backplane to this white connector? EDIT: Oh, I think I see what you're referring to... you think this connector is the "RAMSEL" pins?
  9. N

I picked up a 386 SBC from eBay the other day. The seller said it was pulled from old lab equipment and that they didn't know if it worked and didn't have any documentation for it. I don't know the jumper settings, I don't know what any of the pins/headers are for, but I decided I'd try firing...
  10. N

Compaq Portable III CMOS battery replacement

I have a Compaq Portable III (286), just like in this thread, and it needs a new CMOS battery. My motherboard does not have a DS1287 chip, it just has the LTC-7P-MP-F-S2 battery. The LTC-7P-MP-F-S2 battery is no longer available, and I don't know what a good replacement is. Here is a picture of...
Back