• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Tom_of_Åland

Replacement cooling fans for Toshiba T3200

Yes they look good. But the shipping cost is a killer, I also have a 24% vat when items arrive and I have to do customs clearance, so total for 3 tiny fans would be approximately 3.60+20 = 23.60 x3 = 70 + 24% = 86 Euro.
  2. Tom_of_Åland

Replacement cooling fans for Toshiba T3200

Hi all, I have two working T3200 and one parts machine, and I'd like to get the working ones a bit less noisy. So I wanted to replace the 3 fans it has inside. But I'm struggling to find anything that fits, so wanted to ask if anybody has done the same swap? Original fans are branded "Wind...
  3. Tom_of_Åland

Toshiba T3200 - Long beep, black screen, no boot.

Sorry, no floppy drives to spare 🙏
  4. Tom_of_Åland

Thank you for the input, much appreciated. I have since used this T3200 as a parts machine for two other T3200, that now both still run on their original HDD. So if anyone need some parts, let me know, I might have it.
  5. Tom_of_Åland

Anybody have info about the Canon VP1000 (a.k.a. "VP-1000")?

Hi guys, did any of you get the VP1000 to work? What can it do? I'm looking at one for sale for 30€, but it has no floppy on the front.
  6. Tom_of_Åland

Ok, so here's how mine is acting now on bootup. New BIOS battery installed. Should I try installing a new chip with "new" BIOS, or is my RAM memory fried? 🤔 Really would appreciate any leads on what to do next...
  7. Tom_of_Åland

I am having the exact same issue as you have, but my screen doesn't even flicker when turning on. A week ago I replaced the gas plasma screen, and computer was booting up to some memory error. At that time I had the old flat CMOS battery in the laptop, but now I have replaced it for a new...
  8. Tom_of_Åland

Toshiba T3200 startup issue

Wow, Thank you very much for that in-depth analysis. I'll be back here as soon as the new 3.6V battery is in.
  9. Tom_of_Åland

Toshiba T3200 startup issue

Hi all, So I decided to get started on my T3200, have not touched it since getting delivery. I took it apart for an internal cleaning. Still waiting for a new 3.6V lithium battery. So, when I start the machine, there is a memory test going to 600-something Kb. Some beeps. Next is this message...
  10. Tom_of_Åland

Using a mouse on a Toshiba T3200SX

If this thread is considered "dead", my answer might be deleted.... Just wanted to mention that there are other ways to get other/bigger/CF/SSD to work in the T3200 / T3200SX. https://medium.com/geekculture/the-luggable-laptop-how-does-it-look-today-part-ii-toshiba-t3200-from-1989-6d15ce56eadd
  11. Tom_of_Åland

Recapping a Toshiba T3200, what caps?

Okay, I just thought that caps go bad with time. I had a dead T1000LE, made a full recap of about 15 small caps and it now works again.
  12. Tom_of_Åland

Recapping a Toshiba T3200, what caps?

Hi, Has anybody done a full recap on the T3200, and if so would you happen to have the details on what caps? It would be so handy to order the caps in advance. Thanks a lot!! Tom
  13. Tom_of_Åland

Toshiba T1000LE not booting up

Ok thanks, that's what I meant but my English is not so good... I was just thinking if there was a need to add some component to the battery circuit.
  14. Tom_of_Åland

Hello and thank you for the help! The battery, is it a direct swap? I think I'll order the same. Oh I know Allegro, I'm there lurking often for vintage equipment :) I suppose I have a gum like belt as well, so if the belt works, please if you can share the details on it later...🙏
  15. Tom_of_Åland

Northern Europe WTB any ISA card for Toshiba T3200

I'm looking for any suitable, working 8 or 16bit ISA card for my 1989 Toshiba T3200. Graphics, sound, networking or anything else "cool". TIA!
  16. Tom_of_Åland

Northern Europe WTB Commodore PET shell/casing

Looking for a completely broken PET, it's housing/shell or even pieces. I'm located in Finland, so must be able to ship. Thank you!
  17. Tom_of_Åland

WTB: Qty 4 matched 2MB 30pin FPM 60-70ns SIMMs non-parity for PC (NOT MAC)

Found the below online. Might apply to the non SX as well? "The problem is that the T3200SX was designed to work only with genuine Toshiba RAM modules, which are nearly impossible to find nowadays. I think it was done intentionally, and in most cases, the laptop does not work with RAM from...
  18. Tom_of_Åland

Yes I believe that's how it behaved.
  19. Tom_of_Åland

Did you get anywhere with this? Wish I could help. I have a T3200 that I never tested yet, as well as a spare PSU and spare display. Planning on having a go at it very soon, I hope I can get it to work somehow.
  20. Tom_of_Åland

Toshiba T3200 - replace HD ?

Hi, some good information in the end of this article, how to program a new BIOS for the T3200, to accept any HDD. https://medium.com/geekculture/the-luggable-laptop-how-does-it-look-today-part-ii-toshiba-t3200-from-1989-6d15ce56eadd
Back