• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. T

Telebit early satellite "computer" from 1959

I think it is a stretch to call the Telebit telemetry system used on Explorer VI and early Pioneer satellites a computer, but it is awfully close. I have some of the modules seen in the pictures on this post. The thing that is most interesting to me is the "Transistor Memory" used to temporarily...
  2. T

ELIZA pre-AI software from Microware

I found this with some SWTPC 6800 software cassettes. I can't find evidence of it ever being offered for sale. Anyone ever seen it before? I contacted Ken Kaplan a founder of Microware who verified it is a version of ELIZA software written for the 6800. Did any other companies write ELIZA...
  3. T

Possible Philco Transac 2000 board

This is an interesting early board that looks like it has the same output format as a couple of other Transac 2000 boards I have found on-line. The contacts are only on one side of the board. Is anyone familiar with any other computers that used this same format?
  4. T

TV Typewriter Keyboard like Don Lancaster prototype from SWTPC

I am posting this mostly because I think it is very interesting and worth a discussion. The only question I have is, have any other people heard of these being available? The mailing date is Sep 18, 73, which would coincide with the article by Don Lancaster in Radio Electronics magazine. I'm...
  5. T

Unusual Transistor Computer card

Does anyone recognize this card? It has unusual gold plated connectors that look more like forked posts. I do think this is a DIY board. The transistors are Fairchild 2N2297 and Motorola 2N2219 from the mid 1960s
  6. T

BYTE, Inc. Backplane Motherboard C61102

Does anyone have any info on this motherboard? It appears to be an S100 with 10 bus ports. Obviously, it originally came in kit form. I've looked through the first 15 or so BYTE magazines and cannot find a reference to it. I'm not positive it is even related to the magazine. I'm trying to find...
  7. T

Anyone recognize this Apple ][ clone motherboard?

Does anyone recognize this motherboard? It appears to be an early Apple ][ clone. Maybe a homebrew version. I don't know. No system bus on the motherboard.
  8. T

RAM Chips on OSI 420 memory board

I am trying to figure out more about these. The documentation says 2102 RAM and I'm sure this is a version, but I can't find other examples labeled this way. It looks like an Intel but I don't recognize the lower case I in a black box. Any help would be appreciated. White chip with gold...
  9. T

Xitan Alpha computer with ZPU board, SMB and 2 16k memory cards

I am planning to get this into working order. I haven't tried powering it on yet because of the power supply capacitors. I have not been able to get a good idea of the value because of its relative scarcity. Anyone have a ballpark on what these are currently worth? I think I have most of the...
Back