• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Jaginus

Help to identify memory card ISA-16bit 2MB RAM

You are simply the best. Have been looking for it.... and there it is. Thanks again ;) Will post my results when I get them.
  2. Jaginus

Hi rmay, I appreciate your guidance here. Very much. Will search for the tool in the forum, like right now. If anyone reading this knows the tool and could point me at it, would also be much appreciated. Kind regards, Jose
  3. Jaginus

Hi, all again, While trying to make this card work (without much success), I discovered a logo under some resistors (please see the picture attached, is under the top resistors pack) and, after unsoldering some of them, was able to picture it. Has anyone seen this logo before? I have been...
  4. Jaginus

California Wanted: TEC FB-501 or TEC FB-503 floppy drive

You are correct !!! Please see mine in the profile icon 😁
  5. Jaginus

Hi all, This card came into my hands, and after looking at Stason and minuszerodegrees, I have been unable to find it or anything like it. There is no information on the card (except "AT RAM CARD" and "Made in Taiwan"). The similar cards on the common sites have - most of the time - 8 switches...
  6. Jaginus

California Wanted: TEC FB-501 or TEC FB-503 floppy drive

Hi all, A bit late for this post (don't know if of value right now), but my Bondwell 14 has two FB-503. Just mentioning.... look for Bondwells too
  7. Jaginus

Compaq Portable III - Keyboard Controller

@Jurnd This also save me from my despair. I didn't realise the O-B-V-I-O-U-S fuse and was looking everywhere. Really appreciate it !!!
  8. Jaginus

How can I diagnose the keyboard port of a XT Clone board?

Hi again, Very good advice from modem7 indeed. I should add that it would be useful to install the board into the case without plugging the power and peek for continuity with the multimeter between all power connectors and the case (basically +5, +12, -5). If you get continuity apart from the...
  9. Jaginus

How can I diagnose the keyboard port of a XT Clone board?

Hi jmellidg, If everything else fails, including all described (please measure traces continuity), I would: 1- Look at the keyboard controller chip: test it with the oscilloscope and specs/pinout. If it does not work, swap it with another compatible controller and test again. 2- Find another...
  10. Jaginus

Hello from Leicester UK

Hi Simon and welcome. Please share some "advertising" from the Museum, as this video from Ctrl-Alt-Rees: Hope to be able to visit the museum soon!
  11. Jaginus

Some help to identify those ICs from 1973-74

Thanks Doug. Will try to find the "ICL" path and find some more docs if I have the luck, as it is not that obvious.
  12. Jaginus

Thank you for such fast answers !!!. If they are custom, Iĺl be screw trying to find any reference. Perhaps with patience I could find + and -, put some current and observe the outputs, but it will be crazy anyway.
  13. Jaginus

Hi IC gurus, A few months ago I bid on some boards that according to the seller belong to ICL systems. As part of the joy of the end of the year, I did some repairing and revisit some purchases. Truth is that I am struggling to find out any information on those ICs. Running out of ideas and...
  14. Jaginus

Oldest games you know

To me, on my own computer were JetPack and Road Frog. I should still have the tapes somewhere...
  15. Jaginus

Hi Everyone!

Welcome !. You'll love this place :)
  16. Jaginus

IBM 5170 led/key front panel

Could only purchase it from the USA. Anyway, I would investigate in hardware stores, as the key only turns 1/4 (90 degrees). Thanks for the link ;-)
  17. Jaginus

Thanks sorphin. Please send me the link here. I'll still have to investigate some good hardware stores that I know if they have something similar. We'll never get an "IBM" labelled pair of keys...
  18. Jaginus

Thanks for your kind message. Parallel lives I see here :) I got the computer for free, as an old friend worked at an IBM repair centre and "provided" me with some repaired and defective parts (such as the box). With time, I'll try to change the lock or hope a friend could cut me a key that...
  19. Jaginus

Hi all, A short message to thank @JohnElliott regarding the IBM 5170 front panel. It took me some time (as I live in the UK and the most part of my goods are in Spain, in storage), but today I definitely installed the piece John Elliott kindly handed to me some months ago. It makes a huge...
  20. Jaginus

A portion of my collection- Many pictures

Amazing perfboard. Like two month ago just bought o "lot" consisting on a set of electronic passives and 74xx from ebay and got a very similar one: the one with all lines connected in one direction, which is great for small things. The other day just made a simple circuit I needed and it was...
Back