• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. platformalist

VGA to HDMI Options

Hey folks! I picked up an old Compaq Deskpro a few weeks back so I could easily play some of the Windows 95-era software I grew up on, but I’m a little strapped for space on my desk. For this reason, I’d like to use my existing work monitor, so I can do my day-to-day work on my MacBook, and use...
  2. platformalist

Humpty's Scramble (DOS)

Anybody here ever play Humpty's Scramble? It was released on diskette by Humpty's Restaurants in Western Canada back in the mid-90s, and many prairie kids have fond memories of it. Solid little platformer with a couple 3D levels at the end that blew my mind at the time. You can get a copy from...
  3. platformalist

Compaq Portable II Setup Disk

Hey folks! My Compaq Portable II displays the following message when it boots: 00640KB OK 162-System Options Not Set-(Run Setup) Insert USER PROGRAMS diskette in Drive A: From what I've gathered, I need a 5.25" setup disk, but I have no access to the hardware to burn one. Are there any Compaq...
  4. platformalist

Hi everyone!

I've loved vintage computers for a long time, but was always daunted by the repairs and maintenance they tend to require. Well, I finally bit the bullet this month, and am now the proud owner of a Compaq Portable II and a VIC-20! Excited to lurk around the forums and see what cool things you...
Back