• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. E

Shugart 850 and Cromemco 16FDC

I need some advice for a problem I am having. I have an 8" Floppy drive that gives me read after write errors when using DS/DD disks. I have followed instructions on setting up the 16FDC to accept Shugart drives. my drive setup: A: 5.25 half height floppy B: 5.25 Gotek C: 8" Shugart 850/851 (the...
  2. E

cdos, Cromix and ram

My journey with my IMSAI/Cromemco beast continues. I have recently aquired a 16FDC and some double sided shugart 850 floppy drives. I got tempted to try Cromix and quickly realized it wants more than 64K of ram. Out all of the ram cards I have bought probably won't work with Cromix. I am at a...
  3. E

Terminal Data Management Systems

Computer serial terminals have been a wonder to me and I have been learning about how they work and what you can do with them. Looking through terminal manuals (Televideo 920b) I see these multi 'color'(high intensity, dim, inverse) sales forms and special characters and graphics they use to...
  4. E

CDOS and TU-ART serial board drivers

I have a Cromemco 4FDC controller, ZPU, and I am trying to figure out how to get Kermit working with the TU-ART board. I followed the instructions here and Kermit is running on CDOS 2.58 but trying to SET PORT in Kermit says that it is not implemented. I have read a little about drivers but...
  5. E

Kaypro 2X boot disks

I have a Kaypro 2x I am trying to gt running but I am confused with ROM versions and which CP/m version to use. The machine says 2X on the side. It has the modem, RTC, 2 double sided 1/2 height drives. Seems like it wants to boot. The motherboard is 81-184 REV B. The ROM is 81-478 From what I...
  6. E

cpmtools and cdos disks

I am in the process of acquiring software for my Z80/S-100 Computer that is comprised of a Cromemco 4FDC controller, memory and a ZPU. My setup is limited to single density disks and so the software I want needs to be converted. Unless someone can point me to single density images of kermit...
  7. E

CMC International Super System II

I bought some more stuff I shouldn't have on ebay. It's a CMC International System II. I can find very little information about it. It has a Z80 processor and runs CP/M. I wanted to post about it and if anyone has any information about the computer, software or company pertaining to this machine...
  8. E

Micropolis 1355 drive no head seek

I am trying to get a Micropolis 1355 Disk Drive to work. It was bought as new old stock. When I power it on, the drive spins up but the heads do not seek. I have read about a sticky bumper problem with a rubber bumper the heads sit against deteriorates and makes the heads stick in the park...
  9. E

Bootstapping Cromemco 4FDC

I am currently working on an IMSAI 8080 System with a Cromemco ZPU and 32K of static ram. I purchased a Cromemco 4FDC with Rdos 1 on it. I have been able to access the serial console and use rdos but that is about as far as I can go. My next step is to boot CDOS with 8" floppies but I have hit...
  10. E

L/F Technologies serial parallel card

Hello VCF, I purchased a s-100 serial card with no documentation on how to use it. I was wondering if someone knew where some example code for something similar to this I could look at and learn how to control it. The board is a L/F Techonogies SPIO board. model A1250 I think. It looks to me...
  11. E

Help with TEI floppy controller

Hello to everyone, I have an IMSAI 8080 I am currently working on. recently purchased a floppy controller and a serial card from ebay and now that I have them with no documentation I am stuck. The floppy controller: This is a TEI inc FDC-2 floppy controller card. I have been looking for a...
  12. E

Imsai 808 Front Panel Woes

Hello Everyone! I am a new member to VCF and a new owner of an IMSAI 8080 Computer. Here is the specs of the computer IMSAI (Fulcrum clone I8080) CPA Front panel (not sure the revision, date code 1981) ZPU board: link here: http://www.s100computers.com/Hardware%20Folder/Cromemco/Z80/ZPU.htm 64K...
Back