• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. O

SBC/small motherboard with real floppy controller?

I'm looking to build an all-in-one disk imaging box, and I think the best way to to that in terms of broad software and format support is running DOS using ImageDisk, etc. What I want to find is the smallest possible 486 or better (so I can dual-boot a *NIX if necessary) motherboard that has a...
  2. O

Mid Atlantic Pair of SunFire V890s, $175

Not mine, but I'd sure like for someone to get their hands on them: https://www.allsurplus.com/asset/13403/20379
  3. O

WiFi for Solaris 2.6/7?

I am about to get my hands on a SPARCbook (!!!), and I am trying to find out if there’s any way to do WiFi on Solaris 2.6 or 7. Obviously it won’t be built in, but I’m hoping there’s a latter-day driver or the such. Am I SOL?
  4. O

Matrox QG-640 graphics card OS software support

In short: is there any, or would I be limited to programming directly for the hardware like it's 1983 home computing?
  5. O

Is there any way to look up DEC internal part numbers of the format ##-#####-##?

So many of the surplus resellers insist on listing DEC gear with these part numbers instead of module numbers or names, which makes it nigh-on impossible to tell what a given item actually is when they don't post photos. Is there anywhere these part numbers can be searched? I assume they're...
  6. O

Anybody have info on a Transitional Technologies Qbus SCSI card?

Trying to determine whether this card is a general-purpose SCSI controller, or a tape-only one like KZQSA. Google has been no help.
  7. O

Are Unibus and Qbus fingers mechanically/electrically compatible?

Particularly, can a Unibus double-height cable work as a Qbus cable?
  8. O

Texas WTB TRS-80 Model 12 or Tandy 2000 keyboard

I have a Model 12 that’s coming to me without a keyboard, and that won’t do. Doesn’t need to be collector condition or even fully functional, just physically complete.
  9. O

Manuals or other primary source docs concerning smaller-than-3.5 floppy drives/formats

I'm trying to fill out Wikipedia's list of floppy formats, and finding hard information on any of the many failed/unpopular small floppy formats--the Video Floppy, the LT-1, the QuickDisk, the 3-1/4" floppy--is proving to be a real bear. Wikipedia only accepts primary sources for information...
  10. O

Behold: The Greasebox! (self-contained Greaseweazle drive enclosure)

I found an Epson SD-880 dual 3.5/5.25 drive, and decided to put together an enclosure to hold it and the Greaseweazle in a neat package. GW board is mounted to the drive chassis with double-sided tape, insulated with a strip of Gorilla Tape (thick duct tape). I'm a CAD designer and CNC...
  11. O

Texas WordPerfect Executive, WP 4.2, MS Mouse and Paintbrush, all 5.25”

Got these in a bundle of floppies, but I’m not into PCs so they’re of no use to me. Let’s say a dollar a disk? I won’t split single disks out, IE, if you want anything from WP 4.2, you gotta buy the whole set. I don’t want to put any more orphans out into the world! Also, are there any of these...
  12. O

Texas WTB: Tandy Model 4P early lid (metal latches)

My 4P came without a lid, and it's an awful pain to carry it places without it. I need the early design with the metal latches. Not super picky about condition, but I'd prefer no major cracks or chips.
  13. O

Panasonic or Mitsubishi 5.25” drive—which would be more reliable?

I have the choice between a Panasonic JU-455 drive and a Mitsubishi MF501 drive. The Panasonic is $15 more expensive. Does anyone have experience enough to know which are more likely to be reliable? Is the Panasonic worth the extra money?
  14. O

Texas WTB: pair of DS 5.25" half-height floppy drives with black faceplate

Shugart interface, black faceplate, functioning, and matching are the criteria I'm looking for. 80-track would be nice, but 40 is fine. Lmk!
  15. O

Can an 80-track drive read 40-track floppies?

I know in some PC setups a 80-track drive can double-step to read 40-track floppies. Can a TRS-80 (specifically a 4P) do this?
  16. O

Swapping CRTs: what do I need to know?

I have a Tandy Model 4P with the white-phosphor tube, and I think I may have found a suitable donor green-phosphor medical monitor. Is this a "a CRT is a CRT" situation, or is individual monitor circuitry tied to individual tubes?
  17. O

Model 4P screen repeated picture in 80 column mode

[some of yall will have seen this on the Tandy Discord server] My Model 4P is finally booting, thanks to some aboveground repairs to the floppy drives and Ira’s generous floppy disk service, but it does this in 80 column mode: In 64-column mode, it works fine: I’ve adjusted the capacitor on...
  18. O

Pacific Northwest Kaypro 2000 laptop, looks complete - $200

As usual, not mine: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/346851894357182
  19. O

Other US Areas Apple 5.25" external drives - $40

Not mine: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/187663980844793
  20. O

Texas Apple /// Setup Ft Worth TX $500

Not mine: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/609103801129635/
Back