• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. L

IBM PC Network Adapter

I'm planning on creating a small network composed of a PC, AT, and two model 25's using the PC Network Adapter, (broadband version) I have the hardware but not all the documentation. Does anyone here have the documentation that came with the power transformer for the PC Network Translator...
  2. L

IDE DOM Recommendations?

Does anyone have recommendations for DOM's that work well with your IDE in retro solutions such as XT-IDE?
  3. L

IBM PC/AT with EMEA

I'm trying to decipher this error message when running advanced diagnostics: REFRESH FAILURE 200002 0002 18:03:14 error - 12928KB MEMORY 203 What module on the EMEA could it be?
  4. L

IBM PC Cluster Adapter Networks

Does anyone here have any experience with these? I'm curious about the physical topology itself.
  5. L

Solid State Solutions for IBM PC 5170

Hello Friends I've spent a good portion of today reading old threads on the XT-IDE being used in the 5162 or the 5170. Lot's of useful information there. The take away is that I'd have to use a non IBM BIOS in order to fully use the XT-IDE. If that isn't accurate please let me know. Has...
  6. L

Installing Xenix on a 5162 or 5170

I'm wondering if anyone has any success (or failures) installing Xenix on their 5162 or 5170. I was lucky to acquire from Computer Reset IBM's branded Xenix 1.0 with install media. I follow the instructions but during the first few steps of the install process the screen goes blank (loss of...
  7. L

Memory Configuration Help on a 5170

The 5170 has 512K onboard with 128K backfill from an expansion card listed below with the other cards: 1. HD/FD Controller Card 2. IBM Personal System/2 Display Adapter 3. IBM 2.0 Megabyte Expanded Memory Adapter (provides the 128 to make 640) 4. IBM Enhanced Memory Expansion Adapter (also...
  8. L

New England IBM P/N: 6450238 Power Supply

This would be the power supply that I need to power the IBM PC Network Translator Unit, if anyone has it, please reach out. Thanks, Daniel
  9. L

New England IBM Voice Communications Option/Adapter

Specifically I'm looking for the cords for this card because the ports on the card are not RJ-11, they are either proprietary or some other connector type for which I am not familiar. If you only have the complete kit I'd also be interested in that... Thanks, Daniel
  10. L

New England Looking for IBM SIMM's with particular SKU's

Good Morning, I'm looking for some IBM 30-pin SIMM's with particular SKU's; 512K SIMM (SKU 65X6273)_or preferred 1024K SIMM (SKU 68X5721) Thanks, Daniel Have non IBM SIMM's I can trade.
  11. L

Memory Oddity in IBM PC/AT

I have a PC/AT, 640K base memory. I have an AST Advantage with 3 megs. If I configure the card to be the only memory card in the system other than the 128k to bump it up to 640k, the memory count gives me 3712k at count up. I also have an IBM Enhanced Memory Expansion Adapter that also has 3...
  12. L

IBM Enhanced Memory Expansion Adapter -- Bad Tantalums?

Picked up recently one of these adapters, just came in tonight, pulled the AT out of its tower enclosure and what I discovered is system will not turn on with the card installed. As with the CGA card that will cause the same issue with a bad tantalum, could that be what the issue is here? Has...
  13. L

Mid Atlantic IBM Expanded Memory Card Driver

I picked up the IBM 2 meg expanded memory card; has a parallel port with it, but no driver came with the box or documentation, and I'm wondering did the card come without a driver, and if it didn't, what software might have used the card natively, and if it did have a driver or a compatible 3rd...
  14. L

IBM PC/AT 5170 and IBM XENIX

To get the semantics out of the way, I mean the IBM branded version of Microsoft Xenix (1.0) and I'm wondering if anyone has had any success installing it on a PC/AT with a VGA card and 30 meg hard disk instead of the 20. As I work through the installation process; step 2 which is supposed to a...
  15. L

Mid Atlantic AA Battery Holder for AT/BIOS`

Does anyone have any of these stateside they can sell me?
  16. L

Proprinter X24E Service/Maintenance Manual

Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening, whatever time you're reading this, thanks for stopping by! I'm just wondering if anyone here has the service or maintenance manual for this printer or know where a good scan might be and can point me to it. If you don't have the X24E but do have the...
  17. L

IBM PC AT Floor Stand

Now that I've found an AT, does anyone have the IBM floor stand option?
  18. L

IBM PC AT Keyboard Part #

Does anyone know what the part # was for the IBM Model "M" keyboard that came with later versions of the PC AT?
  19. L

IBM 5170

Does anyone have a PC AT, they have any interest in selling, even if it might not be working? Please PM.
  20. L

IBM Fixed Disk Organizer (Y2K Patch)

Does anyone have this floating around somewhere that they could hook me up with?
Back