• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. V

WTB: Vintage Apple CRT Monitor

Hello all, I'm looking for a monitor for my Performa 460. I have a 12" RGB monitor, but it doesn't seem to have survived my recent move. The image is all corrupted and distorted, so I'm looking for a replacement. Anything that will be able to sit on top of a Performa 460 (pizza box) and...
  2. V

Wanted: Daisy Wheel or Dot-Matrix Printer

I'm looking for some kind of impact printer, whether a Daisy Wheel, or even something like an IBM Proprinter (or similar). Something that can be hooked up to either the Parallel or Serial Port of a Windows XP era computer. Sometimes I just want to blast a sheet or two of text out and don't...
  3. V

FT: DEC VT-102 Terminal

Hey Guys, I have a fully functional DEC VT-102 Terminal that I'd be interested in trading for something else vintage computer related. It has the keyboard, and all keys are present and work. The screen is clear and works fine. I just fired it up today and everything works. It has the typical...
  4. V

G4 Sawtooth Keyboard Compatability Question!

Hey Guys, I know this question is a little off the beaten path, but I didn't know where else to go. I'm looking at buying a Sawtooth G4 400 Mhz for $20, but it only includes the tower and power cable. I don't have any Apple USB keyboards or mice. I'm wondering, would a Logitech PC keyboard...
  5. V

FREE: DEC PDP-11/23 on Poconos Craigslist

Hey guys, Was browsing the Poconos Craigslist and found this. Hope he didn't trash it! http://poconos.craigslist.org/zip/3769848155.html Figured I'd pass it on. Hope someone can use it. -Jon
  6. V

Free: Dec pdp-11/23+

Hey Guys, I have a PDP-11 I haven't used in years and is just taking up space. I really need to get rid of it as it is in my bedroom! It's in an aftermarket case, I think the brand is MSD? Or perhaps MDS? I'm not sure. Anyway, the last I used it, both MFM hard drives were dead and the RX33...
  7. V

DEC VT-102 Terminal - $100

I'm selling a DEC VT-102 that works great, and is clean. Screen is good, all keys work, etc. Minor yellowing, but nothing bad at all. My landlord had it since new. Do you guys think $100 is reasonable? I also have a spare VT-100 keyboard I could throw in. I can get pics up tomorrow if it...
  8. V

Wanted: Disk Drive for PDP-11/23+

Hello, I've been trying to find a disk drive for my PDP-11. I was hoping to find something along the lines of an RX02 or RL02, so I could have something different / interesting to use with it. I would also have to locate the appropriate controller of course. I was just poking in the dark...
  9. V

My First PDP-11!

Hello all, On Sunday the 13th, I became the proud owner of a PDP-11. Lou came over and dropped off an MDB built 11/23+. This my first PDP class computer, and has been a real blast. I guess it's what you might call a "micro PDP" in that it's all contained in one case. It has an MFM hard drive...
  10. V

DEC Stuff for Sale! VT-102, 2 RL-02's and Nice Rack!

Hey Guys, I have too much stuff and not enough room / money, so I'm trying to sell some unused gear. I have a perfectly working VT-102 terminal, that looks good. It's clean, all keys work, and has been tested. The screen is still nice and clear and everything works as intended. I also have...
  11. V

FREE DECPrinter I

I'm giving away my DECPrinter I. It powers up and passes the self-test print. However it doesn't respond to incoming signals. It has the serial interface, so I'm guessing it's a bad 1488 or 1489. I'd like to keep it, but I really need to free up space right now. I've cleaned it up some, and...
  12. V

Wanted: Dell Dimension 8250 Motherboard and P4 CPU

Hello Guys, The mainboard in my Dell Dimension 8250 went a while ago, and I've had trouble finding another one. The rest of the system is complete, and I really can't afford to buy a whole new computer on account of the mainboard. This is one of those oddball P4 systems that used RDRAM, that...
  13. V

DEC LA180 Serial Interface Card Issues

Hello, I messed around with the DECPrinter again today, attempting to figure out why it won't print. It passes the self-test, but won't respond to incoming signals, despite matching baud rate. I'm thinking it must be something in the serial interface card- possibly a bad 1488 or 1489...
  14. V

More Northstar Horizon Frustrations...

Well, I'm about ready to give up on these Northstars. I just don't have the patience or desire to deal with them. I've got one system running, but it's extremely flakey, and can't write to any floppy drive reliably without crashing. I've tried no less than SIX different floppy drives, and two...
  15. V

Kaypro 2 For Sale in Pennsylvania

EDIT: The Kaypro has been SOLD! Hello all, I've decided to offer my Kaypro 2 for sale. It's in great shape, I just have too much stuff, and not enough money or time to use it. I bought this at VCF this year, if anyone remembers seeing it on the swap table. It's really clean cosmetically, the...
  16. V

Heathkit H19 Terminal Questions

Hello, I recently picked up a Heathkit H19 terminal and am a little confused by it. I hooked it up to my DOS PC and tried to communicate with it by typing "CTTY COM1" as I did with my DEC VT-102. The problem I am having is that communication seems to be only one way. The computer can send...
  17. V

Northstar Horizon Questions

Hello, I just recently acquired two Northstar Horizons with a Heathkit H19 terminal. They came with several disks, and I've been trying to figure out what I need to do to get one of them to work. When I power the system up, the floppy drive spins, but it doesn't boot, even after trying several...
  18. V

Kaypro 2 Floppy Drive Questions

Hello All, I bought a Kaypro 2 at VCF and have a few questions regarding the floppy drives. As I posted in garage sale, I am wanting a 360K floppy drive to make disks for it. My question is this: Could I just borrow one of the floppy drives from the Kaypro and hook it up to my Pentium II DOS...
  19. V

Wanted: 360K 5.25" Floppy Drive

Hello all, I bought a Kaypro 2 yesterday at VCF and would like to get it going, which requires writing some disks for it. I was wondering if anyone had a working 360K floppy drive I could buy, and insert in my PC to write some floppies for it? Also, I'm assuming I'll need to buy special low...
  20. V

DECPrinter I Questions

Hello all, I just got a DECPrinter I today, and have some questions about it. It's got plenty of foam rot, as expected, and there is foam all over the insides. Any tips on an easy way to remove it? I thought of just using a vacuum cleaner or compressed air can to blow it out / suck it up...
Back