• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

M2551A drive issues

Hi all, I recently picked up a DTK turbo XT clone off eBay a few months ago that I finally got around to working on. I managed to get the NEC MFM drive working (even though it was loose in the case!) but the 360KB floppy (Fujitsu M2551A) is driving me crazy so I figured I’d reach out for some...
  2. M

PS/1 Consultant 2155 + XT-IDE

Hi all! I'm having a bit of trouble using CF cards on my IBM PS/1 Consultant 2155-G5. I wanted to add a CF card as a second drive, so I bought a CF-to-IDE adapter but haven't had much luck getting the CF card properly recognized in DOS (the BIOS only recognizes 528 MB on a 1 GB card). I tried...
  3. M

IBM PS/1 Consultant 2155 + XT-IDE BIOS via option ROM board

Hi all! I recently inherited my grandfather's IBM PS/1 Consultant 2155-G52 after he passed away. Had to replace the power supply, but after that all is working well. I wanted to add a CF card as a second drive, so I bought a CF-to-IDE adapter but haven't had much luck getting the CF card...
  4. M

Problems with IBM 0665-38

Hi all, Looks like I spoke too soon about getting my AT working. I think something's wrong with the hard disk or the controller. Sometimes the computer boots just fine, other times it fails with a 1780 error. Before the error code pops up, the drive attempts to read for ~2 seconds (which...
  5. M

New IBM 5170! Needs some work…

Hi everyone, haven't posted here in quite a while. I figured it was time that I got myself another vintage machine since I lost both my PC/XT and my 286 clone in Hurricane Sandy. I was browsing eBay last week and I came across a PC/AT with a VGA monitor and Model F keyboard. It just got...
  6. M

Help Identifying a Keyboard

Hi all! One of my co-workers who knows that I collect vintage keyboards (well that's a stretch, really just Model Ms) was digging through our storage closet at work and found this keyboard. Looks like it has an RJ11 connector on the end. Anybody know what the heck this thing is? I gotta say...
  7. M

VGA card compatible with low-res CGA mode?

Hey all, Just got a quick question. Does anybody know of any VGA video card that correctly supports the text-mode low res CGA mode? When I was growing up, I had a 286 clone with VGA graphics and I know for certain that it was able to play "Round 42" in all it's glory. That said, I also...
  8. M

Problem with CGA on 286 clone (with pics)

Hey all! I just bought a 286 clone off eBay (branded Expo 286). Finally got to cleaning the whole system up (and removing the 2 or 3 living creatures inside the case, eek). The system came with a Paradise PVGA card, but I wanna put in a CGA board so I can play low-res CGA games on there...
  9. M

Strange issues with games on my XT

Ahhh, so I finally got around to tinkering with my XT. I put PC DOS 3.20 on there, and the hard drive has been working perfectly ever since the low level format. Strange thing though, the system has 640 KB of RAM, but I'm having a hard time loading certain games. Round 42 doesn't even load...
  10. M

New XT! Question about HDD...

Finally got around to registering for this site! Just bought an XT off of eBay with an IBM 5151 monitor and it arrived today :D. I'm glad to say that everything works well so far, I had a SixPakPlus lying around so I threw it in just for the RTC (computer has full 640 KB of RAM) and LapLink 3...
Back