• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

How to protect and clean old computers - my experience

I've compiled a small list of measures you can take to better preserve your vintage machine. Because my English grammar is pore, I tend to use simple phrases; please don't be offended by the tone. It's all just my own experience from working with old computers for more than 15 years, I thought...
  2. D

Toshiba 4010CDT on steroids :)

I've recently acquired this old laptop that was already upgraded from its orriginal configuration and I'm upgrading it further. Just for fun, I fell in love with this little machine :) Considering the its age, this laptop's performances are absolutely amazing! It runs Win2000 with resonable...
  3. D

Driver needed - Matrox Quad VGA card

I have an old (but functional) Matrox G2+/QUADPL 4xVGA/4xGPU PCI graphics card http://www.techexcess.net/matrox-g2-quadp-pl-7-millenium-g200-quad-32mb-pci-vga-video-card.aspx I'd like to use it... I'm teaching radiology to med students and I'm working with digital images, I currently use a G550...
  4. D

Hello from Bucharest

I'm Vladimir, a 31 yo radiologist with a passion for PC hardware :) I've seen (and worked with) almost every kind of PC, from 286 to PIV. Given the fact that my native language is Romanian, I hope you'll forgive my poor English spelling... I'm NOT a collector, I repair old PCs (usually PIIs...
Back