• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

1977 Vintage M6800 System Tour and Demonstration

Random73

I watched with interest the MSI 6800 video posted a few days ago by user "falter". It inspired me to remake my video tour and demo of my homebrew MC6800 system that I built around the Motorola MEK6800D1 evaluation kit that I bought in 1975. The video is available here.

I have TSC "Space Voyage" game, floating point software set, and scientific functions set, all ordered from TSC, and the "Shooting Stars" game that was in BYTE magazine May 1976 issue. I have and still use the resident assembler MP-E that I also ordered in those long ago days from SWTPC.

Motorola did a language called MPL, like Intel's PLM and both PL/1 like. This was compiled and needed the assembler, linker, loader to work.

Sure they did Fortran as well but not 100% sure.

Very cool! Man, what I wouldn't give to have a teletype. But too heavy and never for sale in my area.

Seeing this video kind of makes me want to get this Motorola 68000 educational board that Marty sent me going.

Great stuff. Always love to see vintage computer tours with the original owner/builder!

hi there, I have an Teletype ASR33 . Currently it partly dismantled for cleaning and repairs and then restoration
ASR33 is a great set, hope you can get it going again. The MP-E resident editor and assembler that I ordered from SWTPC came on paper tapes so I took my microcomputer to work to read the tapes using the ASR33, then I saved them to cassette tape.

Back