• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

386 motherboard wanted

PS1

Can any one help ? i have a generic 386 computer i would like to get running again i have all the parts but the bios chip on its original board is fried....was like that when i got it.

was a free donation so im not complaining.

If anybody has one please email me and we will work out a price.

thanks.

ps anybody got a 386 ibm ps2 motherboard ?

The area I live in is much different than yours, perhaps.

I can find 386's all over the place here, in thrift stores etc..

And extremely cheap.

I hope you have an easy time finding one.

Chris

I have one 386 but I can't figure out wehter it's an SX or a normal mobo. However, the bios battery is dead and it would have to be replaced.

Cheers
SainT

Half-Saint said:
I have one 386 but I can't figure out wehter it's an SX or a normal mobo. However, the bios battery is dead and it would have to be replaced.

Cheers
SainT

What kind of package is the CPU? Usually the DX chips are pin-grid array while the SX packages are usually PLCC-type (or surface-mounted). Also, the later versions are usually marked SX or DX on the chip. If it isn't marked, (just says 08386) then it's probably an early DX chip. Originally, the 386 only came in one flavor, but when the SX chip came out, Intel began calling the other kind a DX chip to distinguish between the two types.

--T

Back