• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

8-bit ISA IDE controller - Juko D16-X

kishy

Veteran Member
Used, tested, confirmed working.

Refer to this page for detailed information. Note that it low-level formats your drive specifically for use with this card and so you must use a drive suitable for it.

Since I have my XT-IDE I don't really have a use for this, so hopefully someone can use it.

Note it is missing the mounting plate, but as it fits firmly into the slot it isn't really needed.

Asking $15 plus shipping. Price negotiable; trades considered.

Attachments

• juko_d16-x.jpg
    juko_d16-x.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 1
Well...hard to say. I've only used it with rather old drives that apparently allowed it (Maxtor 7120AI & 7120AT but these are both the same drive, and Seagate ST-157A - the ST-157A was either defective before I started, or was damaged through the LLF process, despite being set to one of the sets of CHS attributes that it supports)

(basically, I only used type numbers and drives that exactly corresponded, without attempting to format to less than the actual capacity)

I'm now asking in IRC if the XT-IDE BIOS can be dropped into this card...if so, I'm not selling it...would be awesome to have a second XT-IDE at the cost of the chip.

I haven't seen that specific page, but have seen the TH99 entry...seems to be about the same in terms of content. Thanks.

That's why I'm seeking to part with it...the whole LLF business is not nice, really. Still waiting to find out about XT-IDE BIOS compatibility...as I said, if it's a true drop-in, I'll be hanging onto it.

Back