• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

The South A few old cards, PCI Capture, VLB Orchid and EISA SCSI w/ Cache card

Covers: Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and West Viriginia.

Benson86

Experienced Member
Delivery Options
In Country Shipping or Local Pickup
Have a few cards I dont need anymore, willing to sell individually but if someone want them all that would be awesome shot me an offer! Shipping anywhere in the US would be like $10 but outside of the US would be on the buyer im not an international shipping expert.

Card 1: VLB Orchid 9000 card. Works great, just dont need it as I don't do allot windows with my 486. $75

Card 2: Adaptek SCSI Controller card with a 4 stick ram cache, 4mb installed. Tested the ram and tested good. I dont know a ton about this one, never seen on quite like it before. Think its worth around $100?

Card 2: PCI capture card, I have no idea how to price this cause I know nothing about it. Not even sure how to test it tbh so it is untested, send an offer! I will say everything else in the estate it was from worked fine so it probably works.

Attachments

• DSC_1300.jpg
    DSC_1300.jpg
    1,004.1 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC_1301.jpg
    DSC_1301.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
  • DSC_1302.jpg
    DSC_1302.jpg
    383.1 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC_1296.jpg
    DSC_1296.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
  • DSC_1297.jpg
    DSC_1297.jpg
    823.6 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC_1298.jpg
    DSC_1298.jpg
    974 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC_1299.jpg
    DSC_1299.jpg
    517.2 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC_1290.jpg
    DSC_1290.jpg
    981 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC_1291.jpg
    DSC_1291.jpg
    866.7 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC_1292.jpg
    DSC_1292.jpg
    373.3 KB · Views: 28
Card 2 is actually a 386sx CPU card for an AMI EISA motherboard

Do you have any data on that or photos? Certainly open to being wrong I thought it could be something like that at first. But everything seems to point to it being a SCSI cashing card. I looked up the FCC ID and that just said SCSI controller, and the AMI SCSI Config Utility when testing it identified it as a "AMI15E1 - AMI Normal Single Ended EISA SCSI CACHING Controller". The only connectors on it are the 2 SCSI and 1 FDD connector.

Perhaps I'm wrong then, when I saw AMI on the silkscreen I thought it was a slam dunk. Had no idea they ever made disk controllers.

Perhaps I'm wrong then, when I saw AMI on the silkscreen I thought it was a slam dunk. Had no idea they ever made disk controllers.
And I just realized I said it's an Adaptec in my original post which im sure adds to the confusion and now I cant edit, oops. Anyone looking at this it is indeed an AMI not an Adaptec card.

It's a SCSI caching controller. The 386sx handles the data. That was quite common at that time. I have one for IDE that has a 286 on it.

The SCSI controller is an AMI SCSI controller. Looks similar to the AMI Series-44 controller which I talked about in this thread. Based on the silk-screened dates looks to be an older revision.

Same here my Buslogic caching controller has a 286 on it as well.
The SCSI controller is an AMI SCSI controller. Looks similar to the AMI Series-44 controller which I talked about in this thread. Based on the silk-screened dates looks to be an older revision.

It's a pretty neat card, I imagine it must have cost a fortune back in the day lol. Since no one on here seems to have any use for it, if I went to list it on eBay how would you guys recommend I title it? Just AMI Caching SCSI controller card? Is $100 a fair price for it?

It's a pretty neat card, I imagine it must have cost a fortune back in the day lol. Since no one on here seems to have any use for it, if I went to list it on eBay how would you guys recommend I title it? Just AMI Caching SCSI controller card? Is $100 a fair price for it?
AMI EISA SCSI Caching controller with 4mb of cache RAM. I think it is a SCSI-2 controller at best so Narrow SCSI at 10mb/s.

$100? It's your card so you can ask for whatever you want but that price to me is unrealistic. No one is dying for a SCSI controller. SCSI HDDs are harder and harder to get. Plus this is an EISA controller limiting the audience and without the drivers and cfg files it could end up just being a nice little paper weight...

If it was ISA I would say 100 bux is about right, but its EISA. I would price it at 50 w/o the ram and 65 with. The others are right with it being SCSI... Crap I have a few EISA Adaptec controllers I couldn't give away for free while back.

If it was ISA I would say 100 bux is about right, but its EISA. I would price it at 50 w/o the ram and 65 with. The others are right with it being SCSI... Crap I have a few EISA Adaptec controllers I couldn't give away for free while back.
That's fair, I do have the CFG files for it so I know it works. If it was ISA id prob hang on to it just because it's so neat, but your right EISA is a bit of a niche.

For Card 3 - https://retronn.de/imports/hwgal/hw_video_grabber_fast_mm_av_master_front.html

From what i gather they go for around $60 or $70.

it's cool looking card.
Thanks for the link! I wish the card had composite in instead of just svideo. Could be cool as a retro gaming capture card for someone though.

Thanks for the link! I wish the card had composite in instead of just svideo. Could be cool as a retro gaming capture card for someone though.

You can convert composite to S-Video very easily and I'd bet there are some very cheap DIY solutions out there to do it as well, or just buy this on Amazon for $8.

Back