• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

New England A heaping bunch of PCMCIA Wireless Network cards $12.00 + Shipping

Covers: Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Maine.

VERAULT

Veteran Member
Delivery Options
In Country Shipping
Spring cleaning. I have 11 PCMCIA wireless network cards id like to unload. Linksys, SMC, Lucent tech, and Mostly Cisco (I pulled the cisco cards from decommissioned thinclient workstations, the Lucent were taken from the innards of Apple Aiport Base stations)

Im asking $12.00 plus shipping. Shipping should be pretty cheap via ground. Send a PM. IMG_20240326_172213.jpg

No. They still function exactly as they did when new. Thats like saying vintage computers are obsolete.. then why are we here?????

No. They still function exactly as they did when new. Thats like saying vintage computers are obsolete.. then why are we here?????
We're here, but many public and commercial systems are no longer in operation. For example: "AT&T stopped servicing its 2G network back in 2017. Verizon Wireless phased out its 2G CDMA network at the end of 2020. Sprint sunsetted their 2G CDMA network in December of 2021. T-Mobile plans to sunset their 2G network in December of 2022." (from: https://www.digi.com/blog/post/2g-3g-4g-lte-network-shutdown-updates)

Are you claiming that these are all WiFi cards that work with your plain-vanilla local/on-premises 2.4Ghz router? I'm pretty sure that the EZ Connect was specifically for use with a commercial service BITD.

????? What are you talking about? The smc card is just a bog standard Wireless B card (I know its mine, I used it).

Why are you talking about cell phones?

Whos is taking their windows 9x laptop out to use starbucks wireless services? What is the point of this conversation?

I'm offering up pcmcia WORKING network cards for only a few dollars what is the problem?

All of the above cards are early WiFi , 11Mbps max speed for some of them. The difference between Silver and Gold is the level of (now obsolete) encryption they offer; from memory, Silver is 40-bit and Gold is 128-bit but the protocol was broken a while back, so not secure in any case. Cisco Aironet, a person would have to do some research based on part number, but there was 1 version of the Aironet that had good drivers under old Linux and BSD OSes.

You able to get me a rough shipping estimate to my neck of the woods I'll bite. I remember when a WaveLAN card with the gold firmware flashed to it was an easy $25 but now you have to supply a separate 802.11b WAP anywhere you go because for obvious security reasons most people leave it off by default.

You able to get me a rough shipping estimate to my neck of the woods I'll bite. I remember when a WaveLAN card with the gold firmware flashed to it was an easy $25 but now you have to supply a separate 802.11b WAP anywhere you go because for obvious security reasons most people leave it off by default.
PM ME your general area info and I'll get you that quote. Pretty sure I took that out of a round Apple Airport station. Maybe the gold was the extreme and the silver were the standard stations.

But again those Cisco cards are stupid easy to get working in Linux. I had a couple on my pentium 3 laptop even, thats how good those cards are.

Last edited:
Pretty sure I took that out of a round Apple Airport station. Maybe the gold was the extreme and the silver were the standard stations.
Double-check that because this is really important. Back when an AirPort card was expensive it was an easy hack to reflash a WaveLAN card as an AirPort card and use that in a Powerbook but once flashed you cannot flash them back to a normal card and I'm already drowning in AirPort cards.

Double-check that because this is really important. Back when an AirPort card was expensive it was an easy hack to reflash a WaveLAN card as an AirPort card and use that in a Powerbook but once flashed you cannot flash them back to a normal card and I'm already drowning in AirPort cards.
I have no way of double checking that. Im going off memories from years and years ago. Its just something I have a faint memory of.

Back