• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

ALERT: OEM Parts in Colorado Springs closing down!

Promise IDE/SATA controller. I don't know what this might be compatible with - I'm thinking either IDE in a modern machine, or SATA in an older one?
y1Yq3fi.jpg

The card supports a total of four drives, two SATA150 and two ATA-100. Not that you'd want to load that card up with drives, just one drive would saturate the PCI bus.

I bought one of these exact cards back in the mid 2000s to get SATA support on one of my then Athlon computers, it was a piece of junk. Driver support was bad and the card had constant problems with causing massive data corruption on the 80 GB hard drive attached to it. I ended up abandoning it in a drawer after a few months of maddening issues with it. It may have been my card or setup, so I can't say for certain that all of them were bad like mine.

I have a generic chinese clone that looks just like that card but was not bootable from what I recall. Kind of buggy. They were used on old machines that pre dated SATA for cheap secondary storage. Any modern drive will saturate the PCI bus even with no other cards in use assuming that is backwards compatible with SATA 1 (most are only backward compatible with SATA 2).

Well, I suppose I struck out on that one too. C'est la vie. Anyway, here is a video of the whole place. Sorry that the quality was butchered by Windows Movie Maker - I had to use a lower quality format because my network speed is extremely, extremely slow. At the time it was 0.6Mbps according to Google.
https://youtu.be/T97blyiAp9A

I actually spliced support for one of the Chinese (ROM-less) ones like that into the BIOS for a Compaq Deskpro EN.

Believe it or not, it works. Don't ask me the details on how I did it--I followed a step-by-step someone posted maybe a decade ago. Maybe the detail is lurking somewhere in archive.org, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Not terribly surprisingly, the place said they will be open for another month.

There is a TRS-80 Model II there at the moment, not sure the price:
HHy8Nb5.jpg

Some old wireless network card:
gIdoWeH.jpg

Cool radio thing:
D45sPRW.jpg

oks0Xhq.jpg

Oh, there was also an intriguing 1/4th height 5.25" drive branded Okidata. You release the disk by pushing in a door covering it. It was cool, though I can't think of what I would do with such a short drive. It looks like this one:
s-l1600.jpg

Back