• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Anyone else a member of PayPal who has lost access to thier funds in the past 2 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VERAULT

Veteran Member
I signed up to paypal in 1999. I have a business account and debit card. I dont nearly use them as much as I did 8 years ago but I still make invoices through them from time to time. Last week someone in Switzerland paid me no problem. This week I sent out another invoice and now it feels like they put a ton of restrictions on me like someone just signing up for a new member to eBay!

First they hold over 30% of the entire invoice which was over $2K and they said I had to give more information and shipping info if I wanted the money released. Even after I added shipping info for the customer it still said I would have to wait until after July 3rd for my money! Again have dealt many tens of thousands of dollars through paypal in the past 24+ years and now this!

I got on the phone yesterday and the rep didnt know what was going on and they released my money. This morning all my funds are locked up again until I give them specifics of "my business" ??? What after all these years they pull this? I cant even call for another half hour as they are closed.

They are no longer part of eBay but are still acting as if they are! I dont know seems maybe its finally time to jump ship. Whats a better platform for sending and receiving money? This is insane what companies are getting away with today!

Mick

That's random fraud protection. While I understand that it's bad not to be able to access one's money, I don't really see the problem if all they do is to ask you to tell them what business you do exactly. Assuming your business is legal, just tell them what you do.

Oh, and they do this because so many people using PayPal to cheat others or to pay for illegal activities. These people are to blame.

after 24 years of using the service they suddenly impose new restrictions on you? I see a problem with that. All my money is locked. I should be in good standing wiht them. If they have an issue THEY SHOULD CALL ME. Enough with all this bullshit of punishing the masses for someone elses mistake. Im sorry I dissagree. This shouldnt stand. Any service can be abused.. IT doesnt mean they should restrict anyone and anyone.

And Im on the phone with them now. It has nothing to do with Fraud protection. ITs just new stricter restrictions they are putting on members.. And thats how they worded it to me on the phone. And as you can see when I logon I am greeted with this:
pp.jpg

Im just trying to get my money out. And they wont tell me if or when that will happen!

I think thats it. I am done with Paypal. If they are going to pull this after 24 years of me using them whats the point? They behave just like ebay having too much control on your money.

Im asking other members,, whats a better service? Thanks

Mick

That's pretty ridiculous.

In Michigan there basically isn't such a thing as a simple business license in many cases. For a sole proprietorship you can just pick an unused DBA for a name and your SSN is your tax ID. I've be stuck on that requirement alone and I've been using paypal for almost 20 years. I don't think paypal would be very happy if my answer was "my business license is I don't need one."

For domestic transactions zelle is pretty much bank transfer. I don't mind it for very trustworthy folks, and I don't mind accepting it, but your recourse as a buyer is extremely limited. With that caveat, it's built into a lot of banks mobile apps already... if you have Chase for example you already have Zelle and can send/receive from your bank account. Same for Bank of America I think.

I had some $40 in a PP account. Every time I tried to get a check sent, I got a 40 min trail of crap - they always wanted a bank account # which I did not feel necessary. I read many complaints online about this. They had a CC # and that was all they were going to get. I only wanted to use them as a 'broker' of sorts. The 40 that was there was a special case.

Then one day, not too long ago, I clicked on 'send me a check' and they did (for a very long time clicking there was a wild goose chase). They took a few bucks out for some BS service fee, which is absurd and that was that.

I keep the account for now. I don't use it unless it is convenient for me to use.

I closed my PayPal account last year - and it took me months just to log in to be able to close the damn thing. They started demanding mobile phone verification to log in and I don't own a mobile phone. There was no way to bypass. Their "contact us" is an exercise in frustration and gets nowhere. (I don't need a f-ing FAQ!!)

One day (after 5 months or so) I casually tried logging in expecting the usual crap, but I didn't get the security prompt. I wasted no time in closing the account.

Screw them.

Yesterday morning I got a pleasant woman who helped me release Some funds. She had no idea what was going on and said she would file a "ticket inquiry" although my hopes weren't high. Today was much worse and the woman on the phone was a complete B*tch. Really your going to have an attitude with someone who is upset you took away access to their money? What would you do in their shoes? Christ I hate people.

Reminds me of something someone said to me once.. What do you call the women typing up memos for the Third Reich? NAZIS!

If you are apart of the system.. you are the system.

/---/

If you are apart of the system.. you are the system.

If you're not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate.

I'm sorry you are going through that BS, but you can't take this stuff too seriously.

I know what would help....The Miracle Lamp!

lamp 20230613_135624.jpg

Expertly rewired, new socket with chain pull included, special safety plug installed. This ULTRA RARE lamp has been SCIENTIFICALLY proven to soothe the soul when used with stale saltines. Low, low, price.

Sorry, I don't take PayPal.

;)

Most states are requiring PayPal to be regulated as a bank, and states require them to report to the state and county any business accounts. Its likely that this recent transaction exceeded some threshold where they must actually report and enforce this. I am sure PayPal would not want to have to do any of this. Also, brace yourself for the next round where state and local officials want to extract the business taxes and registration fees you have not paid for the last 7 years. and the fines for chronic non-payment.

If you're not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate.

I'm sorry you are going through that BS, but you can't take this stuff too seriously.

I know what would help....The Miracle Lamp!

View attachment 1258985

Expertly rewired, new socket with chain pull included, special safety plug installed. This ULTRA RARE lamp has been SCIENTIFICALLY proven to soothe the soul when used with stale saltines. Low, low, price.

Sorry, I don't take PayPal.

;)
I can smell the Cheap Jean Nate perfume that thing is extruding..

Most states are requiring PayPal to be regulated as a bank, and states require them to report to the state and county any business accounts. Its likely that this recent transaction exceeded some threshold where they must actually report and enforce this. I am sure PayPal would not want to have to do any of this. Also, brace yourself for the next round where state and local officials want to extract the business taxes and registration fees you have not paid for the last 7 years. and the fines for chronic non-payment.
They already screwed me with the IRS back in 2014 or so and I had to hire a guy to make sense of the whole thing.

Anyway, my issue isnt taxes or anything like that. I barely use paypal to receive payments as eBay changed their model. I get very very few payments through ebay. Last week I got one, fine.. This week.. "were sorry you cant have your money"

Last edited:
I never stored money in my papal account anything that came in from a sale (a few times a decade) gets sent to by bank account. The biggest single payment I received was probably $1100 or so and I had no issue transferring that money out (was a long time ago).

Paypal probably runs around in circles because of laws that involve money laundering and collecting taxes now from sales (outside of ebay). If you send an invoice for goods and services, then expect to pay taxes if the sales for the year was over some trivial amount.

They started demanding mobile phone verification to log in and I don't own a mobile phone.
I just have to chime in how evil requiring a cell phone verification, especially with no other options, is.

After many years I finally got access to my old Youtube (now Gurgle) account. Google finally added the ability to call a proper telephone ("landline" as the kids call them these days). As much as I hate giving them a telephone number, at least that works for me. As soon as I can get off my arse to post the videos elsewhere, I plan on deleting them off of butfirstandunskippableadvertismentTube.

I just have to chime in how evil requiring a cell phone verification, especially with no other options, is.

After many years I finally got access to my old Youtube (now Gurgle) account. Google finally added the ability to call a proper telephone ("landline" as the kids call them these days). As much as I hate giving them a telephone number, at least that works for me. As soon as I can get off my arse to post the videos elsewhere, I plan on deleting them off of butfirstandunskippableadvertismentTube.
Do you not use adblockers? I dont watch or listen to commercials... Anywhere

Ad blockers don't work on Youtube as far as I know. I have tried. They are designed in such as way as to not be blockable. Please prove me wrong. I have Pi-Hole as my DNS and site blocker. That doesn't help. But it does help with other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back