• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Anyone else a member of PayPal who has lost access to thier funds in the past 2 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Occasionally the failure of a company can be mostly attributed to economic downturns (like how Circuit City was more or less a victim of the late 2000s recession) but like so many others, PayPal's business practices and strategies will be their own downfall.

As recently as 2009 or so, Blockbuster seemed like an unstoppable force in the movie rental business. Thanks to poor management, by the next year they were bankrupt and a few years after that ceased doing business as a company. A decade ago BuzzFeed seemed like the unstoppable internet factory of lazy, pointless, clickbait articles that pumped other sites with links to that garbage. Look at them now, laying off 15% of their staff and shutting down their 'news' division entirely. Sh*tTok may seem like an unstoppable social media platform today, but wait until their user base outgrows them in a few years because there's nothing to see on there but content stolen from other platforms and idiots dancing to awful overplayed pop songs.

PayPal isn't going to be any different IMO - today they may seem like a company nobody can mess with, but wait until alternatives start to gain ground and they'll be forced to either start treating their customers better or meet the same fate as all those other examples...

This seems to be the "life cycle" of a company these days. They all start good. Then they get too big for thier own good, then way too greedy, and alienate the people who cause them profits.

By the way Circuit City was Shady from the get go. They ripped me and alot of people I know off with outright lies.

And blockbuster. I was renting tapes since the wood panel clad mom and pop video rentals of early days and eventually into blockbuster. block buster in the end was shit. I dont want candy, I dont want to buy a dvd, I just want to rent something. And it was hard to find what, as they started plastering the store with direct to DVD tripe similar to sharknado and you didnt know if a movie was a legitimate release or not. I miss the joys of renting for the weekend, but I miss them from 1993 and prior, not at the end of their run.

When a company gets too big for their own good, they'll hire basically anyone in order to keep their locations (and therefore business) going, which to be fair isn't necessarily the employees' fault, but the company should do a better job training them so they actually know how to properly serve customers. A lot of the sketchiness comes from this and of course other business decisions that range from questionable to downright stupid or even disgusting.

Hopefully the cycle will eventually apply to companies like Walmart and Amazon that are practically juggernauts...

When a company gets too big for their own good, they'll hire basically anyone in order to keep their locations (and therefore business) going, which to be fair isn't necessarily the employees' fault, but the company should do a better job training them so they actually know how to properly serve customers. A lot of the sketchiness comes from this and of course other business decisions that range from questionable to downright stupid or even disgusting.

Hopefully the cycle will eventually apply to companies like Walmart and Amazon that are practically juggernauts...
I have but one simple wish. To see McDonalds go completely out of business while I am alive. And if any of you eat this complete garbage in 2023 I harshly judge you.... Fast food is a poison plague on this planet contributing to the unhealthiness and disease of countless people.

Does pulse dialing still work???
No, it doesn't. Around 2013, I did have a VOIP service with a cable modem that supported it, but when it got fried by a power failure they replaced it with one that didn't support it. I then got a rotary to dial tone converter, which worked for a while before something changed with the VOIP that screwed that too.

I went for a few years without a phone, but then found MagicJack. With the dial tone converter, it works nicely. $50/year for North American calling - and I can still hear that old-style real bell 50's ring in 2023. (though it's a bit of a pain to dial 10 numbers each call on rotary)

No, it doesn't. Around 2013, I did have a VOIP service with a cable modem that supported it, but when it got fried by a power failure they replaced it with one that didn't support it. I then got a rotary to dial tone converter, which worked for a while before something changed with the VOIP that screwed that too.

I went for a few years without a phone, but then found MagicJack. With the dial tone converter, it works nicely. $50/year for North American calling - and I can still hear that old-style real bell 50's ring in 2023. (though it's a bit of a pain to dial 10 numbers each call on rotary)
I applaud and support your efforts.

Lots of little subtopics in here...

- I never signed up to Paypal, and looking at this, I'm glad I didn't. They look shady as hell. Those screenshots look threatening and nasty.

- Pulse phones don't work here any more. You can't dial out. I ended up throwing away my little collection of them.

- Never signed up to Google or Youtube - I don't give my phone number to random overseas corporations that most likely don't have my best interests at heart.

- Don't get ads on Youtube - using uBlock Origin and also some hosts records. Strangely, on XP machines some ads get through even though uBlock Origin is counting them up as blocked.

I have but one simple wish. To see McDonalds go completely out of business while I am alive. And if any of you eat this complete garbage in 2023 I harshly judge you.... Fast food is a poison plague on this planet contributing to the unhealthiness and disease of countless people.
Fast food exists for one reason and one reason only: convenience, especially since it's not even cheaply priced these days...

But there is perhaps one thing worse than fast food and it's those disgusting "Hormel Compleats" and "Banquet" TV dinners. On top of them being horribly unhealthy for you, I would use the term 'food' very loosely when describing how they look and taste - and no, I wouldn't even feed them to our dogs. At least no one ever assumed that the likes of McD's and Booger King are healthy, although awful TV dinners are part of the reason people think their food is actually good.

Fast food exists for one reason and one reason only: convenience, especially since it's not even cheaply priced these days...

But there is perhaps one thing worse than fast food and it's those disgusting "Hormel Compleats" and "Banquet" TV dinners. On top of them being horribly unhealthy for you, I would use the term 'food' very loosely when describing how they look and taste - and no, I wouldn't even feed them to our dogs. At least no one ever assumed that the likes of McD's and Booger King are healthy, although awful TV dinners are part of the reason people think their food is actually good.
There will be no back peddling,,, All who eat McDonalds will be ground up into soylent green.. Its a real thing now: https://soylent.com/products/soylent-green-squared

Or maybe that orange tang like paste from THE WALL music video.

McDonalds tastes the same anywhere you eat it, local diners do not. People like consistency.
By your example people like eating dogsh%t.... Which also tastes the same where ever you eat it. If you would turn down a tuna melt at a diner.. any diner for something concocted by McDonalds.. I dont want to know you... Because someone who sets the bar that low is just a bit disgusting.. Im by no means a food snob, but ALMOST EVERYTHING is leagues better than that poison.

Pizza! Pizza in my opinion is only good in the Pizza belt.
c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800.jpg

Now chicago folks dont get mad I recognize and say "Yep I get it!" But Chicago deep dish pizza is more like lasagna to me. Which I do like.

Most Pizza in California is terrible.. Imagine my surprise when I found "classic California style pizza" In Dusseldorf (maybe Munich I dont remember) It was as terrible as youd expect. I have never had Pizza in Italy, but I would try it. I wouldnt however get it in Hungary, or Switzerland... or anywhere else I dont expect good pizza.

People have tastes on what they like.. Which leads me finally to my point. See alot of Horrible slobs will eat Dominos pizza.. See what I am getting at? People are gross. Dont tell me what most of them will eat or do as I dont care....

I worked at a family owned pizza shop in the late 80's to about 1991 when I graduated college and it was probably the best pizza I ever had (and I live in NE Ohio). Of course that shop also made its own sausage back then. I had pizza at a well known spot in CA in the 90's it wasn't anything special. Had pizza in Greece in the 90's at an expensive restaurant and they liked using ham and other things that were not popular in the US at the time (sauce kinds sucked). Pizza in long Island back in the 90's wasn't too bad (yea I got around back then).

Anyway, I used to like McDonalds 30 years ago but it doesn't taste like that anymore so I either grill my own burger or go to Wendie's (which jacked up prices 30% over the last year). Maybe Burger King down the street casue its open 24/7 if I am desperate. If you have a 30 minute lunch break or need to get some gas while on the interstate fast food is pretty much all you have time for. The best flame broiled burgers I ever had were at the Dairy Queen Brazier next to that pizza shop I worked at (long since torn down to make a parking lot).

There will be no back peddling,,, All who eat McDonalds will be ground up into soylent green.. Its a real thing now: https://soylent.com/products/soylent-green-squared

Or maybe that orange tang like paste from THE WALL music video.
I had the misfortune to try some Soylent shakes one time - if you've ever wondered what unsalted, expired, freezer burned butter on cardboard tastes like, wonder no more.

Also I can't get over how they couldn't have picked a more unfortunate (owing to the movie), yet at the same time more fitting name for their company...

Also I can't get over how they couldn't have picked a more unfortunate (owing to the movie), yet at the same time more fitting name for their company...
My wife pointed that out to me maybe a month ago. I laughed. But to be honest. I dont think many people at all remember the movie these days. Personally I love those 70s disaster/post apocalytic films. And it was so spot on if you think about it. Not nearly as much as Idiocracy from 2006. Mike Judge hit the nail on the head with that one..

Had pizza in Greece in the 90's at an expensive restaurant and they liked using ham and other things that were not popular in the US at the time (sauce kinds sucked).
What you dont like Grilled octopus on your pizza? I love diversity with food, things like that dont bother me.. But the sauce. Your absolutely right. The Sauce makes it or breaks it. If you put even a pinch of sugar in your tomatoe sauce I will know... Gross no thank you, quit that nonsense its not a real thing.... Sweet tomato sauce is ketchup and I hate ketchup. There was a place out in california my friend swore by. Mom and pop place. He loved it and raved about the sauce. It had a very, very distinct fennel taste.. Yeah I didnt like it.. But I respect the mom and pop places for doing what they do.

How did this thread get to pizza? You want to see pizza? Well, do you... punk? I grew the oregano. I grew the tomatoes. I even grew the damn basil. OK... I didn't grow the cows that make the cheese... but it was local to my island, I swear! Now THIS is a pizza.

pizza sm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back