• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Bernoulli / IOmega ** 8" ** Drives ... Any user / owner on this Forum ???

I used these years ago on a PC. When they were scrapped from work I got a pair of SCSI ones working on an Atari ST but it's a very long time ago.

Good luck if you get some.

Cheers,

Andy.

hey ! Very nice page ! Thanks for it Mr Brutman.
I learned that this drive can WRITE only 20 Mb medium and ...
"To be more accurate, 20MB cartridges are nearly impossible to find."
That's not good news ...
BTW : quote "I came across this A220H last summer in bad shape" ... reader has to go to the bottom of the page to assume (?) that it was Summer 2010 ;-)

That's why I date the pages ... so it is clear about what "last summer" means.

The 20MB drives can read, but not write the 10MB cartridges. And since that time, I was able to find more 20MB cartridges. They do show up from time to time so don't be discouraged.

You also need the controller card. The device is mostly SCSI but it uses 256 byte sectors instead of the usual 512 byte sectors. I have not experimented trying to drive it with a generic SCSI card. Just use the Iomega controller card and the Iomega software to keep things easy.

I've done some data recovery for people since then too. The most interesting set of carts had studio music tracks for some well known artists; the 8" Bernoulli boxes were used in some recording equipment for removable digital storage.

I have both the 8" 10mb and 20mb carts, and the drive cleaning kits. I am in the middle of refurbishing a couple of Alpha drives.

Back