• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Western Europe Burroughs BX-1000 Beam-X vacuum switching tube

Covers: Germany, France, UK, Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Monaco and Liechtenstein

SunDown79

Veteran Member
Delivery Options
International Shipping or Local Pickup
I have for sale two old stock in box Burroughs BX-1000 Beam-X vacuum switching tube's
The box and tubes look like they just came from the store but are 100% untested

Some pictures of one of them can be found here, if seriously interested I will take pictures of the second one too;

Asking 10 euro's each but open to offers. Will ship anywhere where possible (buyer pays all costs)

Very similar--much faster (to 2 MHz) with no display, which is why they're usually tied to Nixies for that purpose. I think that gas-filled dekatrons have an upper limit in the tens of KHz or less.

We normally think of counters being solid-state and running at hundreds of MHz or more, but back in the day, a counter made from conventional vacuum tubes used a lot of components just to get to MHz speeds. Dekatrons and trochotrons considerably simplified counter design at the expense of speed.

One in the pictures is sold (outside VCFed), so the other one is still available, will take fresh pictures if there is interest.

One in the pictures is sold (outside VCFed), so the other one is still available, will take fresh pictures if there is interest.
Hello, I recently picked up a Reuters stockmaster which was badly damaged in shipping. Amongst the casualties is a BX 2013 tube. I'm hoping I can substitute yours for it but at 10€ I'm willing to take that risk.
Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Back