• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Came Across A Store On eBay that has some unusual GRiD items

Paralel

Experienced Member
Not my store, I am not affiliated with the store in any way, I have no idea who the person is that runs the store nor whose stuff they are selling.

I thought I'd mention it here since it seems like some of the stuff is unusual enough to warrant a mention.

Also, if anyone buys anything, and they get a GRiD laptop bag, if its in good shape, let me know, I'll buy it from you.

Those prices are garbage. $1900 for a GRiD 3 that's as-is and totally untested. I can get one with a bad BIOS ROM for $300CDN. Everything also indicates they came from an Estate sale. This is a flip.

Not my store, I am not affiliated with the store in any way, I have no idea who the person is that runs the store nor whose stuff they are selling.

I thought I'd mention it here since it seems like some of the stuff is unusual enough to warrant a mention.

Also, if anyone buys anything, and they get a GRiD laptop bag, if its in good shape, let me know, I'll buy it from you.

Several months ago, the guy had a motherboard and bottom half of the case for a 1520. He was asking something like $310 for it! I was feeling generous and offered him $100 for it. He declined it. Because it was listed as an estate sale, I thought he may not know what parts are missing. I offered to tell him what else he needs to make a full computer. Perhaps the pieces were laying somewhere else in the estate. He never responded. I don't think it sold. I think he might have sold it at a local sale or something. Its no longer listed and I never saw it in the Completed Items list.
But the guy is either crazy, or making money of crazy people.
-Shawn

I thought with the "Best Offer" button maybe he was open to reasonable offers and was just putting stuff up with high prices just to see what people would offer. Unfortunately I may be wrong about that.

Been away for some time, sorry. Hope I am not wearing out my welcome but looking at that guys store just gives me the impression that hes a Hack, someone who is into it for the money. But maybe I am wrong. Think almost all that Grid stuff I have and know the history and condition of and would sell for half what he is asking. Over the years have had true collectors swap and sell for a fraction of whats going on on over on eBay and in some ways see what eBay has done to the DEC world and how in many ways that ruined it for us. now the speculators turn there attention to Grid and this is what we have. But that's me, your results may be different.

I have actually made a purchase from him about 2 years ago. At that time his prices were a bit lower, but still way to high.
I was looking at a sytem he had up for a couple of month already, so that seemed long enough for a very low offer of less than 1/4th the listing price. and to my surprise he actually accepted.
I ended up sending a couple of messages back and forth and asked him if he had any more GRiD stuff. These are some of the pictures I got (I added the names in an attempt to identify them)
1709690100478.jpeg1709690263175.png

A very impessive collection, He also had some compass stuff and Grid server / gridcentral stuff but all of that has gone trough ebay already.
I ended up buying that 1535EXP from him outside of eBay for 200 USD, still a large sum, but still quite good for this one I think, since it is fully optioned (EXP chassis, Gas Plasma, clip on battery pack, max ram)
I don't know what is left of this, I assume most of it as I have not seen many of these listed on his ebay acc.

Of course, this is just my experience, I don't know the guy so take from this what you will.
He seemed nice enough. He does take his time to reply sometimes, (up to a week at one point)

Don’t know what to say, no experience with this guy so just don’t know. Will say that you have to be careful stacking grids up like that. Back years ago, purchased a stack of maybe a dozen 1550 laptops and all but two had the displays broken thru being loaded and unloaded and stacked up. Try to keep it limited to maybe three or four in a stack these days. Also the plastic pivot that display turn on are impossible to replace these days.

Back