• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Can't believe I didn't find this forum sooner!

AteEm

Experienced Member
Hi all,

Just stumbled across this forum tonight and joined right up! Looks like a wealth of info and knowledgeable members.

I'm a DEC fan as I 'grew up' on them in middle and high school; PDP-8/E running TSS/8. ASR33 with 110 baud acoustic modems... ah, those were heady days:D

I've restored a PDP-8/M with 8K of core; passes the DEC diagnostics, but I'm limited to my PC (serial port) as the sole peripheral.
I rescued it over ten years ago when it died while running a machine tool at my old company. They replaced it with a PC:( But, hey, I got it for free and brought it back to life:D
My goal is to get TSS/8 up and running (I've got all the source code and an assembler that runs on a PC), but I need another 4K of core and a some kind of disk drive (DF32 is my dream).

I also have a running PDP-8/A with an RL02 running OS/8, a DECWRITER II, and a Printronix 132 column line printer. Probably going to have to kludge the RL02 onto the 8/M if I ever hope to run TSS/8...

Thanks for listening to my ramblings:)

Mike

Hi, sounds like we went through much of the same path. My first home computer was an 8/E w/ diablo disks and asr33.

Welcome!

Wow. Welcome and great system! Between here and cctalk there's a great wealth of knowledge and good amount of PDP owners too. I think nekochan may have some dec stuff too but never quite jumped on board there.. server related at least. Oddly enough they rarely talk about cats.

I'm in southern California, Inland Empire area (50 miles east of LA).

Thanks to all for the welcome!

Back