• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

CBM 8050 DUAL DRIVE NOT WORKING

Seems nothing changes for dual drive....now i must order a new replacement for 6522...
Thanks so much for all...i ll waiting for 6522 now...this i tryied it's for another pet ;)

Dave, time to put hands on Vectrex? :(

Just out of interest, and for my own knowledge) which connector did you plug the cassette into on the PET. There is one cassette port on the rear and one cassette port on the left-hand side of the case (as you sit at the PET's keyboard). Which one are you using?

Dave

Before you give up - have you tested the IEEE 488 port or not?

If not, you are wasting your time waiting for a component that may not be actually faulty. It is more likely that the bus drivers are faulty rather than the PIA(s) - as these are the things that can be damaged by a user incorrectly connecting the peripheral devices.

Dave

Remind me, what type of Commodore PET is it again?

Dave
8032 Pet!

Before you give up - have you tested the IEEE 488 port or not?
Not :( but if i change 6522, cassette player load a program....with this 6522 not...so i think that chip is bad...
I don't know how can i test ieee port...i read book but i don't undersand :(

So, the 6522 on order is to replace the potentially dead one.

One of the links I pointed you to had the entire world's knowledge on how to test the IEEE/GPIB port on the PET and a test program to help you.

The book I pointed you to (page 181) has a "GPIB Diagnostic Test" program and a section is entitled "THE SYSTEM DOESN'T WORK - NOW WHAT?.

Enter the diagnostic program listed, save it to tape and run it. It may tell you what is wrong (if anything).

Dave

The book I pointed you to (page 181) has a "GPIB Diagnostic Test" program and a section is entitled "THE SYSTEM DOESN'T WORK - NOW WHAT?.
Yes i saw this!
i was trying to try to type it but i realized that the recorder was not working and i stopped ... now that the recorder is working i will do this! Thank you!

That should be fine. It is the same thing - just from a slightly different manufacturer.

If it doesn't work when it arrives - get your money back.

Dave

Please Dave, can you tell me if you understand the first basic program line??
i see 70 print " but i can't see symbol :(
Thanks

There isn't a symbol on the keyboard...

The user manual...

The SHIFT key (and hold it) followed by the CLR/HOME key. Release the CLR/HOME key and then release the SHIFT key. You should get the inverse heart - clear screen character.

Dave

Dave i am desperate!
i write ieee program but when i run, i see only this in video :(

I read now test instructions.... seems that i see flashing "END OF TEST", there aren't errors! Confirm?

Of course, you should have read the test instructions BEFORE you started the test...

Why are you desperate? If you have entered the test program correctly, and it runs to the end without any errors, then the PET IEEE488/GPIB bus is OK!

There are two or three signal lines that can't be tested - but it is a pretty good test.

I am building something similar (and a test for the VIA USER port) into my next version of PETTESTER...

Next thing, how have you got your PET connected up to the disk drive?

Dave

Back