• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Complete IBM PC @ low price on Ebay

I asume you test/verify items when companies need it before the sale, instead of testing everything as you get it. Don't see a problem servicing both areas (AS-IS, Tested Working) at the same time. The issue is you cannot sell tested&working to people looking for as-is prices.

It all comes down to where you get the inventory, how much you pay for it, and what you want to get for your time.

No, every single item that goes on my site is fully tested before it goes on and then is retested (not to the same extent) before shipping, just in case.

Anything that I CAN'T test is duly noted in the description.

For example, today, a law firm bought my copy of Lotus Jazz for the Mac @ 199.95 + 150 for overnight as it's to be used in a litigation.

Guy didn't even blink, just wanted to know how fast it would get there.

No, every single item that goes on my site is fully tested before it goes on and then is retested (not to the same extent) before shipping, just in case.

Anything that I CAN'T test is duly noted in the description.

For example, today, a law firm bought my copy of Lotus Jazz for the Mac @ 199.95 + 150 for overnight as it's to be used in a litigation.

Guy didn't even blink, just wanted to know how fast it would get there.

Doesn't that take up alot of your time for items that might never sell? Besides testing media do you research the contents of each package so you know its complete or do you only sell shrinkwrapped software?

Doesn't that take up alot of your time for items that might never sell? Besides testing media do you research the contents of each package so you know its complete or do you only sell shrinkwrapped software?

The software is usually sold "as-is" since a lot of it is still shrinkwrapped, but, yes, I do research the opened packages to make sure it's complete. I'll test that on request though.

As for the hardware, if I don't test it, I don't know if it needs to be repaired or not, so, it's a necessary evil. It might not sell now, but, it may sell sometime in the future and NOT testing it would come back to bite you on the ass.

I know it wouldn't be an issue for a lot of collectors that just want to collect stuff, but people that need something for a system that is down, or want to actually USE whatever they buy appreciate getting something that's testing and working.

It does take a lot of time, but, since I can set up a dozen MBs, load them with various cards and drives, let it test for 72 hours and then check to see if anything failed, it's not too bad. Taking the pictures and getting them and the info up on the site is the most time-consuming task.

Back