• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Divesting myself of a major collection of vintage computers

Micom 2000

Veteran Member
I'm intent on getting rid of my considerable collection of computers. Many were functioning when last I used them but age has taken a toll on both myself and my collection. I also am beginning to have some memory and energy problems, so once was a simple fix for a computer becomes a major project. Some computers are inconceivable for me to part with but perhaps it's better than to see them wind up in a landfill in this small northern-canadian community. Any dream I once had for a mid-canada computer museum has vanished like northern lights. But hold on kiddies, I still have some years to go. I'll sell my stuff at going prices, which doesn't include the original cost, the costs of storage when I didn't have room in my apartment for storage, the moving costs, the cost of parts or accessories to get the box working. So going prices, excepting for some Ebay mania, is what I'll aim for and bite the bullet for what it has really cost me over the years. But I'll be taking into account my own pleasure at someone elses pleasure at discovering this crazy vintage computer infatuation which can be so fullfilling.
\
I cover all the home computers and also have many parts, cables, keyboards etc. Repairing computers is now a challenge rather than a delight and my energy is becoming a determining principal. So some non-working computers will be sold in preference to fixing them.

Hi Lawrence,

I'm sorry to hear that the machines are getting harder to maintain. Make sure you find some good homes for the Grids ...

Mike

Sorry to see another collector having to give up much of the hobby. Here's hoping the whole collection doesn't end up in the hands of one of those resellers, last thing I would want to see is even more obscene priced systems sitting eternally on eBay. Best of luck to you in getting them to new homes that will be proper homes.

Sorry to see another collector having to give up much of the hobby. Here's hoping the whole collection doesn't end up in the hands of one of those resellers, last thing I would want to see is even more obscene priced systems sitting eternally on eBay. Best of luck to you in getting them to new homes that will be proper homes.

Amen.

Hi Sorry to here that I know the feeling. Had to sell off a bunch of treasures recently to help pay bills etc. Anyway would it be possible to get a listing of some kind?
Might be helpful.

Well, I'm sure lots of people here would be interested in saving stuff from both the landfill and the price-gouging resellers.

I would certainly be interested in any of the following: a Commodore 16, a Spectrum 3+, an Atari ST, a TI-994/A power supply, and/or maybe an Apple IIe joystick.

I think my cousin is looking for a C=64.

Sorry for the bad news although if there's a burnout factor (I do think it hits us eventually) it's great that you're already here and have a great outlet to sell things off. Best of luck and certainly feel free to let us know what you have and if there's a price in mind.

Sorry. For some of the queries I forgot to use the Reply with quotes.
There are some things I will be listing on EPay but I'll let the forum know. I don't have the same energy any more so expect a drawn-out process. I'll likely be putting parts etc. on the VCF market-place. One of the somewhat obscure things I have are 3 5-mg TRS HDD units, with a metal key for unlocking them. They are heavier than an an XT, and came with a working RS model 2 with an 8" drive. An even more "RARE" piece of equipment is an Arc-Net hub. :^) I think it's cool but it could be a candidate for landfill.

Lawrence

Last edited:
Wasn't there someone here recently looking for arcnet piecesparts? I wouldn't say arcnet is landfill material, like modems, you either have to find someone who is dedicated to that niche of communications and networking, or find someone who is dedicated to whatever brand name it is... I really hate landfilling equipment, and I would never do it to something rare. Just this week, I ordered some used 2764's to replenish stock, they came unerased, and had code on them for a metapath DDS "Data PBX", something I'd just about kill to get my hands on...

- I'll have to dig them out. Once I get straightened around I'll do so. I never used them with the TRS model 2 as it needed a card with a M 6801 (?) chip which IIRC upgraded the model 2 to the status of a model 10 (?) to connect them. I know I have the chip and might also have the card.

[ QUOTE=TRS-Ian;272847]Can you please email me some pics of the three 5Mb hard drives to ianm@trs-80.com thanks.

Ian.[/QUOTE]

I posted it on for sale some years back but there was no interest. I do have a bunch of older modems (no accoustic) and once I get thru some of the different categories, I'll list them.

Lawrence

Wasn't there someone here recently looking for arcnet piecesparts? I wouldn't say arcnet is landfill material, like modems, you either have to find someone who is dedicated to that niche of communications and networking, or find someone who is dedicated to whatever brand name it is... I really hate landfilling equipment, and I would never do it to something rare. Just this week, I ordered some used 2764's to replenish stock, they came unerased, and had code on them for a metapath DDS "Data PBX", something I'd just about kill to get my hands on...

Back