• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Early Compaq turbo speed keyboard combination

jrmymllr

Experienced Member
Does anyone know if early Compaqs, specifically the Prolinea 3/25, had a keyboard combination that could switch between normal clock speed and a reduced speed? I don't know if this Prolinea allowed this, but I would assume Compaq didn't employ many different methods of this just to keep consistent.

Someone in another forum mentioned they could change the speed with the keyboard, but didn't say how, and won't answer questions about it.

You can try this key combo. There is also a special mode command if using the Compaq MS-DOS that was added to the regular mode command.
IMG_4927.jpegIMG_4922.jpeg

You can try this key combo. There is also a special mode command if using the Compaq MS-DOS that was added to the regular mode command.
Nice! This is the most information I've ever gotten in response to this question and I've posted it elsewhere. I'm thinking perhaps I should be using Compaq DOS instead of MS.

One small favor: could you just let me know what is on tables 5-3 through 5-6 for the Prolinea 3/25s or 3/25zs, if it has it?

Unfortunately I think the manual I’m using is older that those products.

Here is what I have:

IMG_4930.jpegIMG_4931.jpegIMG_4932.jpegIMG_4933.jpeg

Back