• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

eBay Optimist

MikeModifed

Veteran Member

Mike

What you guys didn't know Steve Jobs invented the TRS 80 and his then protege Steve Leininger stole the plans? I thought that was common knowledge.

You might consider summarizing the details for those of us who aren't going to click the link. And for those folks who might stumble on this thread a year from now when the original ebay listings are no longer accessible.

You might consider summarizing the details for those of us who aren't going to click the link. And for those folks who might stumble on this thread a year from now when the original ebay listings are no longer accessible.
Some clown is selling "secret Tandy schematics" for $15K.

Some clown is selling "secret Tandy schematics" for $15K.

Which are literally just a collection of dog-eared, yellowed, and possibly chewed-by-mice Tandy service manual pages stuck into binders. (Oh, yeah, I guess to be fair one of those binders also has the README.TXT files of some diagnostic programs printed out in faded 9-pin dot matrix on that blue-lines formfeed paper. That's got to be worth a few thousand dollars just on its own.) The condition is poor enough I can smell the must just looking at the pictures.

I suppose it's extra funny because Tandy service/tech manuals rank high among the easiest to find documents of this type on the Internet. (Even most of the "internal" technical bulletins to service centers are out there.) Not to say that this pile of stuff would be completely without "value"; if it belonged to a Tandy authorized technician/service center there might be some interesting notes scrawled in the margins and it's certainly *possible* there could be a proprietary page or two that hasn't been archived. But this is strictly "historical" value, I'd rate the monetary value very close to zero. The stuff is in barely good enough condition to scan, that acid-rich copy paper is going to finish crumbling into confetti in a few more years. There's no way this is ever ending up on a podium in a museum.

Which are literally just a collection of dog-eared, yellowed, and possibly chewed-by-mice Tandy service manual pages stuck into binders. (Oh, yeah, I guess to be fair one of those binders also has the README.TXT files of some diagnostic programs printed out in faded 9-pin dot matrix on that blue-lines formfeed paper. That's got to be worth a few thousand dollars just on its own.) The condition is poor enough I can smell the must just looking at the pictures. I suppose it's extra funny because Tandy service/tech manuals rank high among the easiest to find documents of this type on the Internet. (Even most of the "internal" technical bulletins to service centers are out there.) Not to say that this pile of stuff would be completely without "value"; if it belonged to a Tandy authorized technician/service center there might be some interesting notes scrawled in the margins and it's certainly *possible* there could be a proprietary page or two that hasn't been archived. But this is strictly "historical" value, I'd rate the monetary value very close to zero. The stuff is in barely good enough condition to scan, that acid-rich copy paper is going to finish crumbling into confetti in a few more years. There's no way this is ever ending up on a podium in a museum.

Thank you so much.

Back