• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Entrex 480 and other vintage stuff in New Jersey

Wow... nice lot. It cost me a fortune to ship my Diablo's from the northern hemisphere some years ago, after which I was even contacted by the seller asking if they could buy them back for a desperate customer. And now someone - maybe even here on VCF - is going to get a nice pile of them, what luck. Some are the Model 33F with the non-removeable cartridge, this usually had a Model 31 on top as part of the same assembly. Wish I could bid on them but the logistics at the present time rules that out.

Most of the Diablo's in that lot are fitted with the flush-mount front fascia panels, as mine are. Two appear to be the Alto style with the side panels that made the drive project out the front of the rack. Diablo offered three versions of this panel.
The other interesting thing is the the drive at the bottom of the pile at right in picture 2/10 (showing the backs) has the Diablo slide rails fitted, which sort of went underneath the drive. I don't have them and have never seen a picture of them either. I have been making rack slides for mine from modern slides, in the interim until I've finished those I've designed a 3D printed set of bespoke adapter brackets for a Diablo to go onto aluminium angle rails.

Back