• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Error 00002222 in AS400

retrolab

Hello.
I'm restoring an AS400 9401-150. I cleaned all parts and replaced the battery.
When it starts, shows an 00002222 in the display. I have looked for it in Internet and all service manuals of the machine, but I can't find any information about it. Has anybody encountered this particular issue or knows anything related?
Thank you in advance.

Hi Retrolab,

I no longer have any model 150 manuals, but found the problem analysis and repair manual for the models 170 and 250. It may (or may not!) be of help.

http://www.ibmfiles.com/ibmfiles/as400/170_250_Problem_Analysis_Repair_Parts.pdf

Chapter 2 covers 0000 control panel reference codes and mentions code 2222. I found it easier to simply search the pdf for 2222.

Anyway, hope it's of some help.

I read the document and seems that the AS400 is completely dead and will not return to life. Thanks for your help. :)

Yes. Seems that the cause of the message is an error in the pcb that doesn't let it to initiate the tests. Thanks.

Are you saying its only future is a boat anchor? :(
Hello,

I share space materials and many, many things with him (or more correctly I owe).

It is unfortunate, but it seems that will be the case. However, no tears shall be wasted on it. I am reserving them for a 9404 B10, it had a battery problem and we fear it has lost the pairing information. Does anybody knows if it has become another PaperWeight/400?

Thank you very much

I like the AS/400 aesthetic and I was wondering what becomes of the paperweights - does anyone ever turn them into a PC chassis, or is that totally impractical? Some of those chassis look like you could just fit an entire PC tower case inside them :biggrin: I suppose it is more likely that people just hold onto them in the hope that someday a machine which works but has a destroyed chassis becomes available?

Anyway, good luck!

I like the AS/400 aesthetic and I was wondering what becomes of the paperweights - does anyone ever turn them into a PC chassis, or is that totally impractical? Some of those chassis look like you could just fit an entire PC tower case inside them :biggrin: I suppose it is more likely that people just hold onto them in the hope that someday a machine which works but has a destroyed chassis becomes available?

Anyway, good luck!
We currently have three AS/400, none of them works.:cry:
In the case of the 9401-150 its casing might be compatible; in the case of the 9405-520 it could hold a PC with lots of peripherals.
Finally, for the 9404-B10 it lost the live product information when the battery died. Unless turning to IBM and paying a lot of cash it is gone for good... I have thought maybe replacing some firmware I saw in EPROMs inside might solve the issue, but I don't know the physical architecture of the beast and don't have time to do so. This one is completely impractical for a PC... unless you wanted to make your meals on top of it. ;)

Back