• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

faraday A-tease motherboards

kb2syd

Veteran Member
I got 2 of them in a deal that included a Commodore 128D and a sharp PC-5000. These are untested in anti-stat bags. $15 US plus shipping for the pair.
I think these were used in PCs Limited computers prior to them taking on the Dell name.

Last edited:
I think Chuck(G) may be interested in these, he's been looking for an image of the A-Tease BIOS for years.

Here are some pics. Sorry for the hot flash. One seems to have 2 roms. The other seems to have none.
No ROMS
0603132058.jpg

With ROMS
0603132059.jpg

Thanks for the heads-up, but I don't know if I'm ready to buy a whole motherboard just for the BIOS. Also note that the first board has no BIOS chips(!)

FWIW, these are interesting early PC-AT style clones--6MHz 80286, 1MB DRAM and 2 Serial, 1 Parallel I/O port all on the board. The serial ports can be jumpered for RS-422. Faraday was eventually bought out by Western Digital.

If I had a way to read the BIOS without trying to put them in a machine I would. I don't have the equipment, and these motherboards don't take standard power connections.

If you want the ROMs, I can mail them to you just pm me your address. Then send them back along with the binary image so someone can burn a set for the second board.

I finally read these ROMS if anyone wants them.

Here is an ID string:
FE-AT BIOS, COPYRIGHT (C) FARADAY ELECTRONICS 1/1/1985 Version 2.58 (which agrees with the sticker).

Attachments

• A-Tease 2.58 12195.zip
    15.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back