• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

For Sale: spotted on Craigslist (continuous sightings)

Nice Vector Graphics MZ System in Orange County, Ca.

Nice Vector Graphics MZ System in Orange County, Ca.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/sys/2805142334.html

This is a great deal for a very nice looking system but, just a bit out of my range. It would be a 6 hour drive each way and I have a limit of 3 for old computers. If anyone local wants to deal with shipping it for me let me know. I'm not ready to send money to a random guy off craigslist with the hope they will actually ever ship it. If someone else here can save it before it gets thrown away that's good too.

It's a tragic story really. Sounds like he's a storage locker auction guy. Threw out all the software, manuals, and such clearing out the rest of the locker. All that's left is the computer.

Not sure about the prices but interest selection of SGI systems for sale[url] from someone in Austin, TX.
A collection of [url="http://austin.craigslist.org/sys/2801222121.html"]50 or so games for Apple II/IIgs in Austin, TX for $125

Still the most interesting computer to be up for quite a while is the Micom 2001 still for sale (with disks!!) but it's a company pres looking for something/offers. No clue what the right price is, but certainly a unique system that should be in a museum.
Radio Shack TRS-80 - $50 Dallas, TX honestly keep kicking myself but I already have one. Good price!

Here's a computer sale in Kansas City. http://kansascity.craigslist.org/sys/2817954345.html

"We have cleaned out our attic and now it is a collectors dream. These computers are purely for collections as they will not keep up with modern technology. Here is a sample of some antique computers we have: several Apple ii, Radioshack TRS-80, Hot Wheels mini case, and a variety of other antique computers and misc related items. Priced to sell."

I have no idea what's with this, but could just be a nice guy not knowing the value. The touch screen is an odd comment. Still, for you Florida folks, Amiga 4000 system for cheap. I haven't contacted him but don't imagine it'll be available for long if it is legit.

Man nothing ever comes up in Los Angeles..... I would love me a NeXT but prices are ridiculous.

Edit: of course he couldn't first come back Cal Poly and then sell them now could he :p

lol, never too late to ask him. I see some good stuff crop up over in CA but it's so huge (like Texas) it's tough to know whether it's a good price or a $150 drive.

The floppy disk not working is probably just a case of hardened grease. It can easily be fixed. In saying that, one of my Lisa floppy drives wouldn't work and it wasn't that. It was for some unknown reason I never got to the bottom of.

Anyone considering buying this should ask more details about the floppy drive. If it won't accept or eject a disk then it's likely just to need a disassemble and clean.

Tez

I hate the #%@# make an offer sales; seller usually already have a number in mind but is hoping the offer comes out higher. If it comes in lower, seller start getting all offended...

I hate the #%@# make an offer sales; seller usually already have a number in mind but is hoping the offer comes out higher. If it comes in lower, seller start getting all offended...
He does say $750 in the title. You might have missed it? I did at first reading.

Tez

Always good to know there's a mindreader among us. :)

FWIW, I have lots of old stuff that I don't need or even want anymore from when I used to be in the business. Some is NOS, some is used. Some I know what I paid for it and some I haven't a clue any more. Furthermore, I really have no idea what a lot of it is really worth, today. So, when I post something like that and ask for an offer it just might be because I didn't feel like doing my homework to ascertain an item's actual value.

That's just my way of doing things and as I'm sure you're well aware there are certainly other methods and motivations. I just don't feel that you should lump all ***the #%@# make an offer sales*** into one stereotype.

So, when I post something like that and ask for an offer it just might be because I didn't feel like doing my homework to ascertain an item's actual value.

In either case it is to the detriment of the customer which is what dorkbert really complaining about. Of course the easiest way to fix this is to make a fair offer for such ads: free +/- actual cost of shipping. After all if you are too lazy to do your HW don't expect me to do it.

Back