steveuk

Experienced Member
maybe a good topic to start of.?

Here one game i use to love playing..Wizard or Wor

w0ag5.jpg

w1ol6.jpg

w2dk0.jpg

w3pi3.jpg

I compleated this gae with a fried 3 times within a week, was such a cool game..lol

Whats your favorite game you played.

Steve:cool:

Doom I and Doom II.

Played it WAY too much when the series came out (Ok, did Wolfenstein too) and got game playing out of my system for good.

The most I do now is play a few hands of solitaire when I'm taking a break.

Doom I and II are awesome! I play them on my Packard Bell all the time as well as Duke Nukem I, II, 3D! Other fun games I still play all the time include Tank Wars, Tetris, PCMAN, etc all on the PC. Most of them I play on my AT&T PC 6300, except for the first few mentioned that the Packard gets. Also a game I LOVE LOVE LOVE to play--Flight Simulator 2.10. Very fun stuff. I think I'll play Flight Simulator now.

--Jack

Doom I and II are awesome! I play them on my Packard Bell all the time as well as Duke Nukem I, II, 3D! Other fun games I still play all the time include Tank Wars, Tetris, PCMAN, etc all on the PC. Most of them I play on my AT&T PC 6300, except for the first few mentioned that the Packard gets. Also a game I LOVE LOVE LOVE to play--Flight Simulator 2.10. Very fun stuff. I think I'll play Flight Simulator now.

--Jack

ive got a C64 Flight sim game going cheap if intrested..lol
Steve

I'm a big fan of Rocket Attack and Dr. Fruit on the Amiga. For the PC I really enjoy the Sierra adventure games and stuff like Myst. The FPS and RTS games really turned me off of gaming.

I think the game I played most for the C64 was called "Donald Duck's Playground". The objective of the game was to eat as many watermelons as possible off a conveyor belt, it was pretty ridiculous.

My favorite game on the C-64 was called "Catastrophe" which came bundled with two other games, Dragonfly and Seesaw.

Basically, a ship would bring building blocks into the screen. You operated a helicopter to make tall & strong buildings that had to stand up to natural disasters such as hurricanes, earthquakes, and floods. You could either play against another player, or against the computer.

I can't count how many hours I killed playing that game.

Too many to list, too many fond memories to recount... Just limiting to the C-64, I loved games like Raid on Bungeling Bay, Phantasie 1 - 3, AutoDuel, Mancopter, etc. I got to play lots of games as a kid, something that sadly my free time doesn't allow enough for these days, though I certainly do try. For better or worse, I spend more time writing about and collecting videogames and computers and related items than actually playing them...

I think the game I played most for the C64 was called "Donald Duck's Playground". The objective of the game was to eat as many watermelons as possible off a conveyor belt, it was pretty ridiculous.
Not quite. :D The objective of that game is to earn money to buy slides, swings and other toys for his nephews' playground. Donald has four different jobs to seek:

* Working at the railway, routing trains to different stations
* Working in a toy store, putting toys in their right place
* Working at a fruit distributor, sorting (not eating!) fruit
* Working at the airport, sorting outgoing goods in the right boxes

You determine for how long each job will last, and do your best to earn money. Then you cross the street and walk into three different toy stores operated by Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Goofy, spending your hard earned cash on playground stuff.

Basically it is an educational game for children, learning how to count money since you get to do all the cash transfers and exchange yourself. Well, the children also learn that you have to have a job to get some money...

BTW, M.U.L.E. is a big favorite of mine too and played a lot.

Hear, hear on Doom and Doom II, along with one of my all-time favorites: Wolfenstein 3D. I still have all three of them on disk.

I wasted many an hour (or day for that matter) on these.

Mail Order Monsters and M.U.L.E.

Speaking of that, if you or anyone you know, comes across the IBM version of M.U.L.E., it is extremely wanted by myself and a few others on the net.
You might not get a million dollars for it, but I bet it would cause quite a stir on ebay.

It does exist:
http://www.worldofmule.net/tiki-browse_image.php?imageId=64

--------
For me, I tend to not play games as much as I collect/organize them, but every few years I get hooked into a game and it just pulls me in for ages.

1) Ultima III
2) Doom 1 + 2
3) scorched earth
4) Syndicate
5) GTA III

So it seems like every 5-10 years, I get hooked on a game, but don't play much inbetween. This leads to a pretty big "wow!" factor since its so long between gameplay sessions.

I didn't think about it being a Commodore topic. So, I didn't have exposure to Commodore systems until the Amiga 1000 and volunteering as a tech for a computer animation class the city taught. So, my first game I remember and was in awe over was Scorched Tanks http://hol.abime.net/3816/screenshot sweet graphics and music playing off a floppy disk. Was unreal graphics and sound wise to most the PC stuff I had. That was the first thing and Deluxe Paint for me trying to find myself an Amiga that many years ago.

Even the "common" releases of M.U.L.E. for Atari 800 and C64 tend to be rather pricy. I bought the Atari 800 one, complete with inlays at a swap meet for $3 two years ago, under the assumption it was the C64 version with a damaged floppy. I still feel sorry for the seller and owe him a whole load of beers or whatever he'd like to be compensated with.

Heres another i like to play.. Little Computer People. lol
some times i love watching my little person be happy,sometimes i love watching him turn Green in the face and pass away.....How cruel could i be, but it was only a game..lol:)
And ive got 2 copys up for sale......
Steve

Back