• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Greetings and Introduction

timg11

Hello! I just discovered this forum. I'm doing some cleaning of 40 years of computer and electronics stuff, and would love to find new homes.
My interests in restoration are more around vintage music synthesizers, so I'm going to clean out some old computer stuff to make room.
I haven't started to collect and categorize or photograph yet. Examples are ISA and PCI video cards, disk controllers, and SCSI boards, and a couple ISDN modems. I also have many CPUs and peripherals from the Z80, 6502, 6800, and 68000 generations. I'm going to read these forums and see what people are interested in.
I'm in the Kansas City area.

Welcome to VCFED. Glad you have discovered us.

I am also into audio equipment - but more the live sound and vision mixing. A good video I found just recently was someone using their Allen & Heath SQ mixer desk as a synthesiser to play Auld Lang Syne (
).

I suspect they have used the internal white noise generator and fed that into the input strips and setup the PEQ with a very narrow spike at the desired note. They have then ganged some of the faders to give the chords for some of the notes. I might have a go with our Yamaha LS9-32...

I would be interested in knowing what the Z80, 6502, 6800 or 68000 equipment is. I am in the UK, so shipping heavy stuff is, unfortunately, out of the question. Please post a list when you are able to.

I am particularly interested in one of these if you have one https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorola_68000_Educational_Computer_Board.

Dave

I would be interested in any ISA floppy/disk controllers that you may have. Please let me know. Thanks!

Back