• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Groot Scam?

We are still working through the permissions for the site. Getting used to the "Xenforo" way of doing things. So we may see things like this slip in from time to time. Thanks to everyone for reporting this!

I got this one yesterday. I did email him, but got spooked after thinking about his offer overnight.

Hello here, you can reach out to me, I have the

IBM System/36 5364. You can get in touch with me here if you’re interested.​

philldaniel259@gmail.com

Another user here was approached by user moetzmoet recently in regards to an item.
11 posts (fairly consistent I might add, so it all seemed genuine), then a PM asking to continue the deal off-site. Provided photos from an ebay listing. Guess who's back.

unknown.png

REMEMBER: DO NOT respond to users (especially newbies) asking to continue deals off-forum. There is absolutely no reason to do so.

Last edited:
Seems the possible scammers in question tend to have names made of 2 male first names, something common in South Asia particularly the land of the customer service reps - India. I had one in a FakeBook group message me on a power controller I posted and sure sounds like the same MO

Seems the possible scammers in question tend to have names made of 2 male first names, something common in South Asia particularly the land of the customer service reps - India. I had one in a FakeBook group message me on a power controller I posted and sure sounds like the same MO
Good looking out. I'll watch out for that when approving new posters!

Back