• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hello All

chris527

Been lurking here for a few months, thanks to all who shared their knowledge on retro computers. I have had a Computer shop for 34 years, semi retired now and was cleaning out the boxes of old hardware I had saved. Honestly, I did not even know what I had. I have been going through boxes of old motherboards (286,386,486)I had either pulled out from upgrades or at the time for dead. Back in those days I never did component level repairs due to lack of knowledge and time restraint issues. I do remember about 15 years ago I did a clean out of old hardware and had enough sense to clip off the battery's. Most were saved, Looks like I forgot a few but have been repairing traces and having a TON of fun doing it. Almost 60 now and needed a new(OLD) hobby to keep my mind sharp. I know i will be trying to do more repairs in the future and will need help. I never knew the retro computer community even existed, Thanks again all. :)

Welcome. I'm also in NY, in the Mid-Hudson Valley area. I fell in to this hobby about 15 years ago after having collected so many "cast offs" from our business and the local dump, etc. I'm also nearly 60, at 59 last month. I found this place in about 2016. It's a great forum and I much prefer it to many of the so-called social media places.

Seaken

Welcome. I'm also in NY, in the Mid-Hudson Valley area. I fell in to this hobby about 15 years ago after having collected so many "cast offs" from our business and the local dump, etc. I'm also nearly 60, at 59 last month. I found this place in about 2016. It's a great forum and I much prefer it to many of the so-called social media places.

Seaken
I live a little North of you in the Saratoga Region. I have been cleaning years of business records and found a few of these I used as business expenses, Do you remember Tri-State computer shows ?
TriState.jpg

@chris527 , yes I went to a couple of those events. If it was the same as on the flyer. They were like a flea market for computers and accessories.

I also used to attend our local computer club meetings in Stone Ridge at the UC Community College.

Seaken

Back