• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

hello from colorado!

ariespc

well im 26 and recieved my very first "retro" pc today.
it was my birthday a few days ago and i was given the opritunity to go pick up some "older" pc parts today. my prize being the c128 with a 1902 monitor and disk drive. the only sad part is that the only hook up i recieved was the power supply (the monitor works great, tryed it with the xbox, and the c128 turns on, just have no way to hook it up to gether with out the rbgi cable). the power supply is huge! well i know nothing about c128 so ive been doing some research and trying to get caught up a bit. thats how i found this place!

i do have a few newbie questions, what hook ups are recommended, what games, controllers, apps and such should i look into.

any pointers will be greatly appreciated!:p

Welcome to the VC Forums!

You're sure to find a few Commodore nuts here that'll help you out.

Enjoy!

I think you'll end up loving that C128! I loved mine when I had it. Yeah, the power supply is a real brick. At least it's servicable. If you can find an old printer get one, they make great word processors. I had one but can't remember what it was. And definitely get a joystick for games and some are able to be mice, too. Gauntlet was a great game, I played it all the time. Hopefully yours can run CP/M (mine couldn't). Welcome to vintage computing, you're gonna love it!

Nathan

Back