• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hello I am Jonas from Sweden.

JT64

Experienced Member
Got my first computer 1986 an ATARI ST1040, scribbled my first cobol and basic on it. Got interested in computers and got my first 386 and later a 486. I owned some macs even a classic, and some performas.

Got hold of an PC XTRA in 95 been with me eversince, have a MAC powerbook 170 to and a vintage SoundCanvas to accompany them in gaming.

I also am interested in midimusic i have owned alot of vintage musicgear over time. Right now i am running linux on my XBOX on my LCD-tv i must say that the development in computer technology and gear really did skyrocket after 97-.

Look forward for assistance with computer programmings once the AI communities take over the net :mrgreen:

Since i am from Sweden it would be nice if some swedes hola me back in thread even swedish AIs will do:sneaky:.

I am not really a technician nor programmer, but sometimes i get lucky.

Jonas

Hello Jonas,

Welcome to the forums. I am not a Swede, and can't say hello in Swedish, but a lot of Swedes are regulars here.

>I am not really a technician nor programmer, but sometimes i get lucky.

Yea, me too :)

Tez

Hi Jonas

I'm not from Sweden, but Norway (pretty close, no? )

Anyway, remember that this is an international forum so you would want to use english when posting so that everybody can read it and participate in the discussions;)

Hi Jonas. I'm from Canada but I speak Danish so a little Swedish won't go over my head. :) I must say though that the english I see from you guys over there is generally pretty darn good.

QuantumII said: "... you would want to use english when posting so that everybody can read it and participate in the discussions."

Actually I've seen some posts where that wouldn't really make any difference! :p

Tjena Jonas!

I had already figured out you were Swedish, based on some of the links you posted. I even asked you once, but you never answered that question.

Hej jonas!

Fanns det Cobol till Atari ST???

I think you will enjoy this place! There are some swedes here!

Absolutely im not sure though if i did run a cpm emulator or even dos, i do not think i did run my Aladin Mac emulator. I am pretty sure it was either a DOS or CPM emulator on floppy.

Absolut kan dock inte svara pa om jag korde en CPM eller DOS emulator, tror dock inte det var min Aladin Mac emulator, det var antingen en DOS eller CPM emulator pa floppy.

Av nagon anledning kan jag inte fa knoppix att skriva a, a , o kanns nastan som min importerade ATARI 1040 med engelskt keyboard. Skaffade faktiskt en 520 senare men den forsvann.

Halsningar JT

Tjena Jonas!

I had already figured out you were Swedish, based on some of the links you posted. I even asked you once, but you never answered that question.

Sorry i must have missed it, nice to see so many Swedes interested in Vintage Gear and computer history. IT is truly fascinating i think we got a computer museum here in Linkoping around Y2000 i have not checked it out but i will.

State logic machines truly rocks, and emulators not that bad either.

Are you bye any chance interested in midimusic?

JT

Hi Jonas

I'm not from Sweden, but Norway (pretty close, no? )

Anyway, remember that this is an international forum so you would want to use english when posting so that everybody can read it and participate in the discussions;)

I will do my best, and Norway not that far away how is the weather not much snow here yet.

JT

IT is truly fascinating i think we got a computer museum here in Linkoping around Y2000 i have not checked it out but i will.
JT

The museum is a bit of a disappointment, I went there this fall with a few friends. The exhibit on the Datasaab is excellent and they have an Altair (which I had never seen in real life before) and a few interesting Swedish micros. The "Besk" computer was not there as advertised and the museum was kind of small.

Anyway, the superb aeronautic museum made the trip worthwhile.

Did anyone else than me get to visit Hogia's PC museum in Stenungsund? It was open for public between 1993 and 1998 or so. Since then they keep a vintage computer section on their homepage, but don't have items positioned for display anymore. The museum had one Altair, a room of VIC/C64, an Apple room, separate sections on CP/M, Swedish computers, portables, an attic full of IBM PC compatibles and some about the current/future computers. They ran courses in parallel with the museum business and published a magazine to accompany the exhibit.

Overall it was quite nicely displayed, with a strong focus on personal computers rather than home computers. Some of the items were old belongings from the company owner while others were recent donations from people and other companies.

There are a few private collectors in the country who have expressed a desire to one day have an exhibit of their collection, but I strongly doubt it will happen. Meets and fairs where collectors gather to show and trade part of their gear certainly exist, and while not exactly being the same thign as a museum, it'll have to do.

By the way, Tekniska Muséet in Stockholm has a non-trivial computer section too. It is rather sparse and a mix of PCs, home computers and video games but worth a visit if you go to the museum.

Back