• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hello

Zmatt

Hello,
My name is matt and i am a cofounder of a small local electronics museum.
I personally have a hoge poge collection including an IBM ps/1 and a rare version of the trash 80 that i was quite fortunate to come across. As for my philosophy i think that pc and mac haters are too narrow minded all OS's have their place and uses I am not loyal to one brand i buy the best bang for buck which means that i have switched between windows and mac machines over the years at the moment i'm looking for a MAC plus or classic (so far i've been restricted to an emulator) I've been a member of old-computers for a while and jusy the other day i found this forum too.

Yes, Zmatt, please share this information with us! :)

Where are you located? Does your museum have a web site?

my trs-80 is the mc-10 model where mc stands for micro color i did a little research because up until then i hadn't heard of this model and according to the old-computers.com museum its fairly rare, as far as specs theres not much a 6502 cpu 4k of ram rs232 for a cassette drive and it run ms basic 1.0
the museum is based in lexington KY in the US were not very big yet but i'm hopeing that will change.

Zmatt said:
my trs-80 is the mc-10 model where mc stands for micro color i did a little research because up until then i hadn't heard of this model and according to the old-computers.com museum its fairly rare, as far as specs theres not much a 6502 cpu 4k of ram rs232 for a cassette drive and it run ms basic 1.0
the museum is based in lexington KY in the US were not very big yet but i'm hopeing that will change.

I dunno how "rare" the MC-10 is today, but they used to be fairly common. I just did a quick eBay search, and found that four of 'em have been sold this month, for prices ranging from <$10.00 to $26.00.

--T

Really? this is the text taken directly from old-computers

T > TANDY RADIO SHACK > MC 10

Tandy Radio Shack
MC 10

The Tandy MC 10 (MC means Micro Color) was designed as an "initiation" computer. It is basically a cut down version of the Tandy "Coco" computers, but it didn't have a great success.

It is fully compatible with the first version of the Matra Alice (a French computer). Actually both are the same computer (except for the case color, the Alice is red and the Tandy is white).

Of course, some people (including myself) will point out that eBay sales ain't the best way to determine the value of an item. EBay prices can go pretty weird at times. (This time of year ain't necessarilly the best time for selling vintage equipment).

--T

Only because it was a flop doesn't mean it has to be extremely rare. Since the TRS-80 line itself was well known, it might have sold in thousands or even more units before the bubble burst. The question would be how many of those still would be around today.

carlsson said:
Only because it was a flop doesn't mean it has to be extremely rare. Since the TRS-80 line itself was well known, it might have sold in thousands or even more units before the bubble burst. The question would be how many of those still would be around today.

True that! Look how many PC Jrs there are still around (sorry Mike).

--T

Back