• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hey UK!

Bugger off!!

Everything in Manchester is operating normally this morning; we are used to it being grim "oop North"....it's the poncey Londoners who can't cope, poor little darlings....:mrgreen:

I used to live in the Pennines near Halifax where they are supposed to be having another 15" of snow today on top of the 15" they had yesterday. Wish I was there!
They don't know what to do with the measly 6" or so that's fallen down here, too many heavy-footed drivers. I've never seen so many ambulances go past as yesterday.
Last time it snowed relatively heavily down here, I watched a snowplough attempting to deal with the local sharp-sided speed humps, Whoosh...CLANG!!!

I used to live in the Pennines near Halifax where they are supposed to be having another 15" of snow today on top of the 15" they had yesterday. Wish I was there!
They don't know what to do with the measly 6" or so that's fallen down here, too many heavy-footed drivers. I've never seen so many ambulances go past as yesterday.
Last time it snowed relatively heavily down here, I watched a snowplough attempting to deal with the local sharp-sided speed humps, Whoosh...CLANG!!!
Holy.... That mustve been messy. Nothing exciting like that ever happens around here.

I usually associate 15" of snow with skiing... I'ts been a while since I've been able to do that.

You should've seen when they forgot to put salt on the streets here last time it was snow, lot's of brkoen legs (due to many peoples uses new-fashioned shoes not designed to handle snow)

Round here too...long as ya smile when ya say it...

From the Young Ones:

"Hello, Vyvyan."

"Piss off!"

"That's no way to talk to your mother, Vyvyan!"

"Awroight then- Piss off, MUM."

"That's better."

It's a shame it didn't last very long, the snow was melting last night and although it's frozen again tonight it's mostly ice on the paths, the snow has gone from the trees and some of the roofs.

Makes a change from bloody rain, rain, rain which is what we usually get in "winter".

BG

Back