• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

hi everyone i own a tandy 1000sx & a commodore plus/4!

redbomchele35

hi everyone i recently acquired a commodore plus/4 and a tandy 1000sx both in complete working order my friend has no idea what he had just thought they were useless now he took very good care of both tho the tandy 1000 sx includes 2disk drives the lg and sm(havent learned the sizes yet),2 joysticks,2keyboards the original and a modified but has a adapter that allows it to be used with this model tandy,has a mouse as well,also has a printer cord(i dont know if he has the printer tho)he says it only works with the tandy,and he said he has all the software he could find for the tandy as well he also gave me a replacement drive in case the other one tears up.the commodore plus/4 looks like its never been used just looked at the box has a lot of wear and tear but the computer itself looks as tho its never had any use not a scratch on it has everything it came with a extra user manual i hooked it up and it works perfect im wanting to sell both nothing wrong with either im trying to convince him to give me the tandy 3in one he has at home its a moniter processor and keyboard all together he says it works with all the programs installed he got it from a computer repairman who didnt want it anymore but if he says it works it works his electronic crazy he even has old radio station equipment that he uses with his home computer he also has a IBM processor that is the size of a small window air conditioner he was going to give it to me but didnt have a IBM moniter that would fit (he has 3 old IBM moniters and 3 IBM keyboards got them all from his friend the computer repairmen guy cleaned his shop out all work talk about a treasure trove)he want own any electronics that want work so know anybody that might want to buy my computers i have pics

Hi there redbomchele35,

Welcome aboard :).....not everyday you see someone with a plus/4 ;-). That's oen system I wouldn't mind getting my hands on ;-).

I have a commodore 64, a 128, a Mac classic, an LC III and a performa 575 couple of hand held computers and some PC's but no Plus 4...no laptop for that matter lol..I need to get my hands on a couple lol

Hope you like this place, it looks very good to me so far (I'm pretty new here too...couple days lol).

hi

hi

hey im selling it if you want it i have no way of using it i hooked it up to our tv but because our tv is modern it wouldnt show but it tried so i know it works it is in awesome condition its a complete set has everything the factory put in the box doesnt have the accessories such as the drives i have pics if interested redbomchele33@msn.com

Alright...let's stop picking on the new guy....this isn't college, ya know. :shock: :lol:

I have 2 C= +4's...one works, the other doesn't(IIRC)...It is a neat little computer...and best tested with a C= monitor, or an old TV set. I believe you can hook one(any old C=) into a TV if you can find an RF converter. Last time I checked, Radio Shack carried them, and they were less than $10. You may even need to grab up an antenna-cable converter(also, very very cheap). Most electronic stores carry them.

The only "laptop" I have, is the SX-64 I posted pictures of in the Commodore section. Although my fiance' just bought a nice NEW HP laptop. She's going to let me use it for my writings....but pretty much nothing else. :oops:

Once we get back from Germany, I'll be in the market for a Windows 98 laptop....specifically for my writing.
But I digress.....

I'm not trying to be the Grammer Police or anything, just found the post amusing. My all-time favorite was a post I read a few years ago on another BB. The poster was asking for information about his computer, and opened the post with: "Me and my wife are recent college graduates..." I couldn't resist, I asked him if there was any chance of getting a refund on his tuition.

--T

hi

hi

sorry u found my posts so amusing but i have a learning disability and i have problems figuring out where to end my sentences and im not a guy im a southern lady if you please :p the problem i had with the commodore was that because there is a circle around the antenna port the connection wouldnt go all the way in but if it wasnt there it would have worked on my tv i got the screen briefly but because it wouldnt stay i couldnt try the computer out

Kaptain Skitzo said:
I have 2 C= +4's...one works, the other doesn't(IIRC)...It is a neat little computer...and best tested with a C= monitor, or an old TV set. I believe you can hook one(any old C=) into a TV if you can find an RF converter. Last time I checked, Radio Shack carried them, and they were less than $10. You may even need to grab up an antenna-cable converter(also, very very cheap). Most electronic stores carry them.

If the Plus/4 has the same type of phono plug connection for TV out, then all you need is a long enough coax or composite video cable. Then get a female F plug to male phono adapter for the coax cable or a female phono to male F plug adapter for the composite video cable.

Cheers,

Bryan

Back