• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Holy Crap!

No 128K, 512K, or 512Ke, mostly the crap earlier SE model...(the SE/30 is a real hotrod beast, 128MB RAM max!) - I wouldn't think twice of letting those all go to demanufacturing. In fact, I think we've done that many in a day more than once.

Well the "Classic Twins" as i call them are a little hard to find. SEs are cool, but are everywhere, Pluses are worth saving and restoring( my old 'portable' resume making computer was a Plus and a Stylewriter. The old Plus is a versitile little beast), and SE/30s are cool, but has anyone actually tracked down the 16 mb 30 pin simms it would take to max out an SE/30? I think what they need to do is break that "wall" up into smaller lots and sell those.

I'm sure we sell dozens of those 30-pin SIMMs to metal processing companies all the time where I work. Due to the colour of the contact metal, they all end up in the "Silver Memory" box...

16m SE/30 memory...

16m SE/30 memory...

Starshadow said:
yeah but the 16 mb ones are insanely hard to find( and expensive most of the time)

A place down the street usualy has them, their website quotes $15/simm at the moment.

http://www.memoryx.net/apl30p16.html

They've been a decent enough place to deal with for me.

hmmm, yeah, eight of those, kinda pricey.

dude you have a supply. What are you waiting for, get a SE/30 and hot rod it! :biggrin: Though i'd up the hd while your at it, be kinda weird to have more ram than storage:crazy:

Back