• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

How to create IIgs disks from 2mg files?

So when it comes to those cables with mini din on one side and db25 on the other. Seems half are made for the imagewriter II and dont work on ADT pro. I bought these in the past and they worked for ADTpro

MacADT does not support IIgs disks (2mg)
ADTpro requires OSX and JAVA, so does not work with MacOS7/8/9
ADTpro version of server and client should/must be the same.

Am I right of this and what is the latest Version of ADTpro that works on 10.2.x Jaguar?
Any other advice how to create Disks from 2mg files?

Thx Doc

Adtpro is picky on USB to RS232 converters. I had similar issues with PL2303 cable. Use FTDI based converter.
I have used many and only one very old usb 1.1 device gave an issue. It pretty much works on almost all usb serial devices. I use adtpro almost daily only 3 pcs (2 windows and 1 linux) both windows pcs use usb serial adapters and the linux laptop has a real serial port.

As far as cables are concerned for the iigs.. thats another story.. half seem to work half dont. Buy an apple iic adtpro serial cable off ebay and use this adapter for micro din.. i can verify it works well.. With this aproach you can successfully use adtpro on a iic, IIc plus, IIgs, and a Macintosh equipped with apple iie card.

You might want to goggle "fujinet" - I am unsure of the current state, but it may provide WiFi and SD storage, among other things, for the Apple II family.

Here's the original thread on the Atari Age forums about the FujiApple. I bought one and love it. I have yet to get it online, but I think the problem there is the distance between my wifi box anf the //c+.

Back