• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

I have a BUNCH of SMD surface mount stuff...

Darshevo

Experienced Member
I recently bought a ton (well, several tons to be exact) of left over Vivato inventory at a storage lien auction. In the lot I acquired several large boxes of surface mount electronic parts. If there is any interest at all I will attempt to catalog what I have a little bit. I am unsure how many part numbers are actually in there, but from reading the labels on the sides of the boxes I would guess it to be somewhere in the low 1 million count area. Resistors and capacitors goes without saying. I suspect there are also transistors, possibly voltage regulators.

It will likely end up on the 'bay otherwise in large lots which I will post a link to in off-topic marketplace when I get them up

-Lance

A list would be interesting (you need an inventory anyway to devide it up for ebay).

Hope you got it all for a song, that stuff might be hard to move in large lots.

If the stuff is on reel or tape, I'd say go through a B2B liquidator.

I think it boils down to "who still fabricates boards in the USA?" There are still some outfits, but they're a shrinking segment of the market. I suspect that some of the US firms advertising PCB fab send a lot of their fab stuff overseas anyway.

Whatcha got in the way of 74xxx and 4xxx chips?

Also, any old school SRAM chips? (I don't need DDR RAM or EDO stuff)

It's interesting that you got a bunch of stuff from a defunct company that a friend of mine used to work for. They had some slick wireless technology. Too bad they didn't get bought by someone.

RJ

I should have some part numbers for you guys tomorrow. Been at it off and on all weekend and am almost to the boxes with the parts in them.

-Lance

The first 2 boxes

The first 2 boxes

Here are the items in the first 2 boxes (out of 10 or so)

It'll be Item type, part no, and approx qty

Resistors 1.96k ohm - P1.96KCTR-ND - 4900
25mhz Crystal - TCO-7086X1A - 750
33mhz Crystal - TCO-7087X1A - 500
Fuse - 045202.5MR - 1000
Resistors 1k ohm - crcw0603 - 4900
Resistors 200k ohm - crcw0805 - 4800
IC Nine-Output 3.3V Buffer - cy2309nzsc-1h - 575
IC HEX Inverter - 74lv14d - 750
IC LDO ADJ 3A LO NOISE - lt1764eq - 90
IC EEPROM 1KBIT 250KHZ 8SOIC - fm93c46lm8 - 1000
IC Voltage REG LDO 1.5V 3A - lt1764eq-1.5 - 800
IC 32-BIT BUS SW 2-PORT - p13b34x245b - 825
Spartan-IIE 1.8V FPGA - XC2S50E-6FT256C - 220

All of the reels came to me from dry storage. They are all in anti static bags and have probably never been handled by anyone who was not a professional (other than me, but I know better than to go rolling around on the shag carpet with them.)

I'll try to get another box or 2 up tomorrow. Price-wise I'd like to be about 10% of digikey (or your favorite parts supplier)

-Lance

I'd be very interested in 9 KM68257BP-20 cache chips, is there are any in the batches.

Those Spartan IIE FPGA's are your goldmine, I think. DigiKey price is $107 the each and you should find a fairly ready market.

But it's not exactly hobbyist stuff--they're in 456 pin BGA packages.

Those Spartan IIE FPGA's are your goldmine, I think. DigiKey price is $107 the each and you should find a fairly ready market.

Thanks for the heads up on those Chuck. I didn't do a ton of market research on any of the stuff. Figured I would look stuff up as interest popped up. Its amazing to me the money a company will have wrapped up in unused inventory

I'd be very interested in 9 KM68257BP-20 cache chips, is there are any in the batches.

I'll be sure to let you know if anything turns up. I have another sale coming up in a few weeks, so I can't drag my feet too much, gotta get through it and onto the next deal

-Lance3

Thanks for the heads up on those Chuck. I didn't do a ton of market research on any of the stuff. Figured I would look stuff up as interest popped up. Its amazing to me the money a company will have wrapped up in unused inventory

Company just being prudent, I think. For a lot of these single-source specialized ICs, there is no alternate source and buying them on the spot market can be ruinous if you run out. FPGAs aren't likely to crash in price anytime soon.

A lot of companies learned that in the early 80's when the US declared trade war on Japanese DRAM makers and the sources just dried up. I recall one or two cases of burglary in Silicon Valley where the entire stock of a firm's DRAM was stolen--and nothing else.

Back