• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

IBM PC Dos Version 1.0 kinda I think

A switch is indeed nice, but I think you've got it backwards; you don't want to cut a wire, you want to short out the sensor, and you want to simulate unblocking the LED-sensor path...

Yep, I probably just put the switch wires across the sensor. It was a while ago and I just remember that it was obvious when I looked at it. (I get your question now :) ) I have the drive that I did that to, but haven't been motivated to put it in the DOS boxes I'm using now (or modify these) since I don't write nearly as many disks as I did back then - just a bit of "tweener" work now.

Shodow Lord:

I want to say it because I am new here, but it's probably because I am old and not to bright but is NOS/NIB with original OS and New In Box?

I am still working on the Tower Case for you, I will get it I think, but just going to have to catch him at the right time.

Could you send me the eBay link where the one on the box sold please.

Thanks,

Jimmy

You're a lucky SOB. Another TLA for ya ;-) Did he get it from some repository they have? This will undoubtedly end up with a bunch of questions on whether they have more ;-) I'd love to buy one.

He got it from another IBMer who from what I gathered from the conversation, picked up several from other IBMer's years ago, before they were vintage. Did IBM offer the first 5150 to all their employees first or at a discount? I am trying to remember we purchased a good number of the 5150 with 2 floppy drives back in late 1982 or early 1983 and wrote a loan calculator that printed our loan documents. We started off trying to write it in IBM Cobol but ended up writing it in compiled basic. I kept both the compilers and have the disks, slip covers and manuals. I do not remember what OS came with them, I am thinking Version 1.1.

See THERE

Click onto the icon above "IBM_DO..." : it's a bit heavy, RAR 4Mb.

Inside the RAR file, you will find a BMP file, it's a scan of the label, big enough to let you do what you want with.

Well, the eBay parasitism was quick! DOS 1.0 listed here and lo and behold it suddenly comes with a "high quality" label for you to print out and stick on the disk you bought. BTW this is a NR auction w/ a low starting price of $1250.

Anybody that cares probably already has a digital copy, but I couldn't help but notice.

Its almost as if the seller read this thread and then tried to address each comment here (label, readable disk, difference between 1.0 and 1.0 revised) etc. in his ad.

Its almost as if the seller read this thread and then tried to address each comment here (label, readable disk, difference between 1.0 and 1.0 revised) etc. in his ad.

I agree, and it would probably be a smart thing to do too. Anyway, I like to think that we're an influential group. :p

I agree, and it would probably be a smart thing to do too. Anyway, I like to think that we're an influential group. :p

Yeah, I am okay with that too except that they always miss the most important part: how ridiculous the starting prices/BIN prices are! Now if they would address that point to we would be set ;)

Back