• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

I'll be away for a while

Kaptain Skitzo

Experienced Member
On the edge of Sanity, just outside the border.
My fiance' and I are going on a trip to Germany this coming weekend. We leave saturday and have a ~4hour layover at Heathrow Airport in the UK. From there, we are off to Munich. We'll be gone for 3 weeks(we return on Oct. 1). We are planning on seeing a few castles, and hitting the Oktoberfest, with maybe a side trip to Amsterdam and the Chech Republic. We'll be staying with her mother for 2 weeks in Munich, then head down to her brothers town of Zandt for the last week. I probably won't be able to hit the forums, with so much on our "to see" list, so I hope everyone stays safe, and keeps collecting.
To stay somewhat on topic to this forum, though...are there any (semi)rare items I should be on the lookout for while I'm over there? I know I wouldn't be able to power them up when I get back, but it would be neat as hell to say "I have a vintage European (whatever) in my collection."

You may even get some power transformer and video adapter if required, so you could run most stuff you find over here. I don't know what those things cost though.

Pick me up a Cambridge Z88, if you can, preferably a qwerty one. They go for just a few euros (or quid) over there, but the prices for one on this side of the water are just downright st00pit.

--T

Good Luck

Looks like a lot of people are moving as of late...I just drove 3000 miles to Seattle. I've only been here 2 days and I'm starting to like it a lot.

Mad-Mike said:
Good Luck

Looks like a lot of people are moving as of late...I just drove 3000 miles to Seattle. I've only been here 2 days and I'm starting to like it a lot.

Seattle has always been one of my favorite towns. (A (female) friend of mine has even given me pointers on how to pick-up dashing young sea capitans there, but I wasn't too interested...). The waterfront is one of my least-favorite parts of Seattile (it's the smell). What does a Puget Sound like, anyways?

--T

Terry Yager said:
Seattle has always been one of my favorite towns. (A (female) friend of mine has even given me pointers on how to pick-up dashing young sea capitans there, but I wasn't too interested...).

Lol. I would not be too interested either, but the female side of things here seems quite a lot more promising for a rocker/geek like me arouind here than it did down south.

Terry Yager said:
The waterfront is one of my least-favorite parts of Seattile (it's the smell).

Never been towards the water-front since I'm more or less in the northwestern part of the place. I'm sure I'll smell it eventually.

Terry Yager said:
What does a Puget Sound like, anyways?

I don't know, from the sound of the words it sounds like it smells disgusting, but on the other end of things from my experience, it's probably the smell of heaven? Who knows.

Back